Raheem Sterling fails to agree new Manchester City contract

Mr C

City and Sterling having problems with contract negotiations. Miles apart apparently.

I think maybe Sterling things of himself a little too highly. Rumour is he wants parity with De Bruyne at 350 grand a week.

City and Sterling having problems with contract negotiations. Miles apart apparently.

I think maybe Sterling things of himself a little too highly. Rumour is he wants parity with De Bruyne at 350 grand a week.

If that's true then not only is that hilarious but it's so far off it's crazy. Sterling is a good player who massively benefits from those around him. He's not even half the player when playing for England. And if he pushes too hard I'm sure he'll realise the hard way when he's playing for West Ham or some team who decide to pay a ridiculous fee for him.

It’s not surprising his agent drives a hard bargain my guess is they’ll sort it out eventually but if you don’t start high it’s hard to come down.

He’s had a fantastic season but can he do it again will be the questions City are asking.

Good time to try and negotiate a deal off the back of that season but I don’t really see where he goes as only Utd & City are offering those wages to players his only option might be Arsenal who apparently asked for him as part of the Sanchez deal.

Reports were he signed for £150k a week when he left Liverpool so he’s probably looking for a good jump on top of that.

He can kick off all he wants, he wont get that sort of money anywhere else. Utd certainly wouldn't be interested, nor the likes of Barca, Real, PSG. So really he needs to be careful as he's going nowhere really. City have as strong a hand in negotiations as him.

Go to the World Cup be the star and then demand your pay rise

He can kick off all he wants, he wont get that sort of money anywhere else. Utd certainly wouldn't be interested, nor the likes of Barca, Real, PSG. So really he needs to be careful as he's going nowhere really. City have as strong a hand in negotiations as him.

He's hardly kicking off he's not said anything on this topic.

It's just negotiating tactics he'll sign a new deal at some point next season.

haha

JSP I think you take things too literally sometimes.

He's kicking of in respect of not accepting their offer, he's on 175 already, I don't think he's worth anymore than that really. That is probably too much for him to be honest. He should just take what they offer, as someone else said, none of the big clubs are going to want him.

He's just scored 23 goals in 46 games, 2nd top scorer in a title winning season, I think he's perfectly entitled to ask for more. There's big money in the game and players want their share of that. It's ridiculous money and I don't think they really care about the money but if you know the money is there you want more. Just like we all want more money in our jobs, unfortunately most of us fear for our jobs if we go asking for more, we don't have agents doing our negotiating and most of us don't have other companies offering us more money.

in a side that scores and creates goals for fun. He's also missed a fair few. Lets see how he does at the world cup in an average team.

If he was available, lets say he's not played at city, would you want him at united on 300 odd grand a week? I can't see many top clubs wanting him, he's too lightweight and wasteful. I don't think anyone would pay him those kinds of wages.

Regardless, he's 2nd top scorer and scored at important times in a lot of games.

If he's on 175 like you say, why would anyone pay 300 odd a week. He wants a rise, I suspect he's not asking for an extra 100-150 grand a week. He might just be wanting more performance based bonuses or a longer contract length or it might even be his agent wanting more out of it for himself. Personally I'm not a big fan of his but I can see where he's coming from in wanting a rise.

The report I read, said he's on 175 and wants 350 and parity with De Bruyne. It's all written above ;-)

He also missed a lot of sitters, notably against us when we beat them 3-2 hahaha

There is something I really don't like about Sterling, I can't even put my finger on what it is.

He's 23 and he'll be committing his best years to the club with his next deal.

I don't think he's a £350k a week player if he's going to do that every season then maybe but we will need to see him do it again before I believe he's really kicked on another level.

He was signed at the same time as De Bruyne and he's had a similar sort of rise this season under Pep so if he sees his mate getting a new mega bucks contract my guess is he probably feels he should be getting the same. Now city might play a bit harder like others have said he's probably not got as much attention and therefore as many offers as De Bruyne might get from other clubs but I would assume he'll want to see himself put somewhere near the top of the pay structure.

Can bet the likes of Jesus & Sane will be in for new deals soon as well.

He also missed a lot of sitters, notably against us when we beat them 3-2 hahaha

There is something I really don't like about Sterling, I can't even put my finger on what it is.

- The way he runs
- The fact he always dives
- That he never stops moaning to the ref
- That he played for Liverpool
- That he plays for City
- That he's got a sense of entitlement and thinks he's much better than he is. Could be a class player but is awful infront of goal. Even with his return that season his strike rate was poor

Think i've mentioned it before. Just after he joined City they had an midweek game. City lost. Sterling drove down to a bank in London at 4am in the morning because he 'wanted all of his money in cash and doesn't trust banks' his accountant had to go and meet him outside the bank and calm him down and stop his erratic behaviour. (A story I heard through a good friend whose friends with his accountant)

even though I can't stand Liverpool. The way he behaved towards the end of his contract was so classless and stank of rich overpaid football prima donna. He just comes across as a completely unlikable person. And for him to think he is worth 350 grand a week is laughable. He should count himself lucky because no one after City is going to want him.

I wonder if City fans like him

- The way he runs
- The fact he always dives
- That he never stops moaning to the ref
- That he played for Liverpool
- That he plays for City
- That he's got a sense of entitlement and thinks he's much better than he is. Could be a class player but is awful infront of goal. Even with his return that season his strike rate was poor

Yep you're on the money! The way he runs defo lol!! He's got a limp hand too, looks very camp.

Think i've mentioned it before. Just after he joined City they had an midweek game. City lost. Sterling drove down to a bank in London at 4am in the morning because he 'wanted all of his money in cash and doesn't trust banks' his accountant had to go and meet him outside the bank and calm him down and stop his erratic behaviour. (A story I heard through a good friend whose friends with his accountant)

Ever heard the one about Ravel Morrison being afraid to eat the food when he went away with England U21's refused to eat anything other than Mars Bars and would only drink Lucozade sport. There's probably more to that story as there might have been something that spooked him into acting like that god knows what sort of threats get made to footballers.

Footballers aren't always the sharpest knives in the draw and this kid had a tough upbringing I think he gets a lot of ridiculous grief from tabloids about what car he drives or what what watch he wears and how he spends his money which to be quite honest is none of our business. That tattoo story was ridiculous because as he said he's had the tattoo since August and there's been loads of photos of him with it but they decided to release it just as world cup squad is announced. There were those rumours that he'd had 3 kids by 3 different women by the time he was 20 which turned out to be nonsense.

I don't get this sense of entitlement thing with him either he's a footballer he's had the best season of his career helping City to the title and break all records, City clearly want to tie him down to a new contract so his agent has suggested he should get a similar contract to the last guy who renewed De Bruyne since they've been at the club for the same amount of time and both played vital roles in their success.

One thing I do agree on is I can't actually work out if he's any good I mean I hope he never learns how to finish because if he does we are all screwed as he gets himself in fantastic goal scoring positions on a regular basis.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back