Reserves: Manchester United v West Ham United

Sideshow Bob

Manchester United play West Ham United in the Premier League 2, at Leigh Sports Village, on Monday, 8th January 2018. Kick off is at 19:00 and is live on MUTV.

Team: Richardson; Riley, Ercolani, R. Williams, Mitchell; Redmond, Scott; Olosunde, Hamilton, Bohui; Wilson.
Substitutes: M. Johnstone, Warren, Buffonge, Boonen, Gomes.

Have they made any progress in the league or are they still bottom?

I assume there’s no relegation in that league?

Really isn’t much knocking on the door of the first team is there, I know there’s lads out on loan and 2 or 3 in the first team setup but they’ve more than outgrown this level of football.

Any reason why Tuenzebe doesn’t play games at that level?

They haven't been good for a while. People like redmond playing who have no future at the club. I suspect they have pretty much written off that group of players and sre building from the u18s.

There are too many average players. Midfield is a big problem. The likes of Buffonge, Boonen and Gribben should be starting most games.

There are too many average players. Midfield is a big problem. The likes of Buffonge, Boonen and Gribben should be starting most games.
That’s the thing, the side is full of average players with not much spark. The only players I can see make the step up is Williams and Mitchell. Even then though, that’s not a given. Sbragia is a defensive coach and seems to be stifling this youth side with his outdated tactics.

The under 18’s have the talent and the sooner they make that step up to the reserves the better because this U23 team right now looks dreadful.

Not the best this, see Gomes came on, yeah I think Buffong (already a squad member I think), Chong and Gomes need to make the step up to the U23s this season and start owning it.

I think Tuanzebe now is in a similar situation to TFM was, to good for the U23s but obviously not getting game time in the first team, wouldn't be surprised if he went to a Swansea type side this month or even a playoff pushing Championship side.

U23s just look dreadful at the minute, did McTominey play or has he gone to Dubai to get some sun?

Mourinho doesn't believe in sending the young guys back, always suggests that going back into that football is not useful, once they're first team. I would therefore expect both McTominay and Tuanzebe to be in Dubai with the first team squad.

Mourinho is using Dubai as a mid season training camp so guess it makes sense for them to travel to Dubai with the first team as they are part of that group now but seems strange to me that they haven't been playing regularly in the U23 through the season just to keep them ticking over.

Be interesting to see what happens with Tuenzebe this month because assuming everyone stays and is fit he's not really got a chance of getting a game, even Blind got played at CB ahead of him the other night vs Derby so he might have to go out on loan just to play some games so the club can see how he copes with this level.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back