The New Schmeichel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure its his agent trying to bring some interest in for him, he does seem like our kind of signing, rather unknown in Europe....but then we would certainly not allow his agent to go public if we were going to get unless of course the deal was almost done...I think most likely we were interested in him, backed out after a bit, so the agent decides to get in more interest by starting rumors to get some attention

Doubt there'll be a new keeper this summer unless he gets loaned back out to his club. Anyway i'm off for a few hours now.

I could of sworn Schmeichel was relatively unknown and joined us on the cheap or did I dream up the half a million pound pricetag and Fergie calling him the bargain of the century?

United have scouts always watching the Scandinavian football. We brought Joshua King, and Diouf recently. So I think if he is that good, he would be playing at United when he was 20, 21 and not now, at 26. Before someone says, yes, I know that goalkeepers play longer than players in other positions and van der Sar is one example, but frankly, I don't see him playing at United. Lloris, Adler, Neuer, "van der Gea" are more likely signings IMO.

Not just King and Diouf either, Eikrem and Etzaz Hussain have both come from Scandinavia shame we missed out on the Danish kid Eriksen looks a hot prospect that kid. I think the Norweigan league is very similar in style to the Prem, nowhere near in quality by similar in style, Hangeland settled in straight away with Fulham as have many other Norweigans, if you can pick out a talented Norweigan league player it's likely he'll make it. Thing is with Eikrem, King and Hussain, they never played in the league. Diouf is suited to the Prem, the only question is... is he good enough to play at the highest level? I think he is but the only way we'll find out is if he gets chances. He scored on his debut but didn't get much of a chance after that due to Rooney being very prolific, us playing with only 1 striker and then he got injured.

The reason we got Hussain, Eikrem and King was due to Ole's soccer school there..and i think we'll be seeing a few more sign on in the years to come...

United goalkeeping coach Eric Steele was in Norway to scout Aalesunds Anders Lindegaard v Stabaek tonight.

Wasn't Mame Diouf still at Molde at that time? He'd be a good person to ask how good Lindegaard is.

I saw the game between Portugal and Denmark and i quite liked him. He made good saves in the 2nd half and he avoided what could be a hattrick of Ronaldo. If Kuszczak actually leave, he is a great option.

I thought Sorensen was in goal? I only saw highlights though.

Just looked it up and Lindegaard came on after 30 mins.

I think this guy could be a very good buy but in my opinion it is a bit of a risk, as he hasn't really been tested on a high level. Cheap option that's for sure... I think.

Sorensen was in goal, but got injuried in second half.

I increasingly believe he will play at United. And do not know if his arrival depends on the Kuszczak's departure. I think he'll come with or wothout TK

I think he is not good enough yet to be number one. Must be tested on another level. But the way that the speculations are running, I believe he'll come. I just watched the game against Portugal and some videos so I can not say much about him. he seemed a good goalkeeper and has good potential.

And the fact is that the "van der Sar's successor" will be the most wanted job in the world. Lindegaard, Stekelenburg and Neuer already said to be interested in playing for United. And I believe that once Akinfeev, Lloris, Adler and etc. .. be speculated again, they also will be interested to join us.

Was suggested earlier that Lindegaard is TK's replacement and Edwin will carry on next season as #1 with Lindegaard possibly taking over if Edwin's form drops.

According to sources in Norway Aalesunds goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard is most likely to sign for #mufc in near future.

If what I'm told is correct, #mufc see Anders Lindegaard as Edwin van der Sar's replacement when he retires.

Source: Twitter @RBFLemma

Last edited:
seems we might be signing two GK's soon?!

and RBFLemma was the one who first informed everyone that Mats had signed, trust able i think!

TK weren't on the bench again today, he might be injured or ill but my bet is on that he's out.

I hate when players are called the new (insert another footballer here)

you guys think he'l become no. 1 immediately once he joins?

No. I don't think so. Depends how he does though, i'd expect him to play in the FA Cup and League Cup if we're still in when he arrives.

TK isn't that bad a GK really, his reflexes and stop stopping has to be among the best in the world, but his other attributes don't reach the same level, especially dealing with crosses

He's not good enough to be our #1 though. And he wants regular first team football. It's not the case of us getting rid really, he just wants to go and good luck to him.

can't blame him, he's good enough to be no. 1 at many other clubs, maybe not at such a high level. Hope he finds a good club.

TK isn't that bad a GK really, his reflexes and stop stopping has to be among the best in the world, but his other attributes don't reach the same level, especially dealing with crosses

With due respect, I don't think his reflexes or shot stopping are the best in the world. He's as good a no. 2 as a top team can have though.

nah mate, i have seen him make some stunning saves especially when he was at West Brom, Top class reflexes!!

and his shot stopping is also really good, you rarely see him beaten by a long shot.

AaFK is supposed to have a press release within a couple of hours. the local newspaper reports that Bjarne Haagensen, AaFK's Gill equivalent is in Machester now.
source Sunnmørsposten (norwegian local newspaper in Aalesund)

Agree, kuz must go. He's had enough time to prove himself. He is def. a PL quality goalkeeper, but not UTD-standard.

Don't presume that signing De Gea and Lindegaard means VDS retires. De Gea is under 21 is he not? Won't need to be registered.

I'm sure we won't have De Gea as no. 3 GK, or even Lindegaard?
Surely VDS will retirei can see VDS maybe stay on as a Player/coach for a season maybe??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back