Sideshow Bob

180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Saturday, 2nd December 2017
Premier League

Emirates Stadium
17:30 GMT

Hopefully Matic coming off was only a precaution on Tuesday as we will need him in this game.

I assume it'll be the same team that started vs Watford can't really see how we can change it unless there is an injury but we will need to play a lot better if we want to win this one as we were a bit flat vs Watford.

Any result here is a positive Arsenal are on a great run at home think it's 12 straight wins in all competitions and they've got their tales up at the moment after wins vs Spurs, Burnley & Huddersfield plus you've got the whole Wenger vs Mourinho thing in the background even though Mourinho has definitely dialled down the manager grief in recent years.

This is the sort of game where we really need Pogba to step up and take over up he needs a big game against a big side in the Premier League and Mourinho needs an away win.

Hopefully Matic coming off was only a precaution on Tuesday as we will need him in this game..

Heard mourinho saying it was a muscular problem during his post match presser. Would be surprised if he was to play at the weekend. Might see fellaini if he isn't injured too. Wouldn't mind seeing mctominay play too.

Yeah I would be surprised if Matic makes it, Rashford had very little impact on Tuesday so I can see him on the bench this weekend with Martial starting, interesting to see if Lingard keeps his place (can't believe I'm saying this) but I would have him starting on the right in front of Mata and Miki, only change would maybe be Rashford for Lingard.

Personally speaking (this will never happen) but I would like to see Lukaku dropped with Rashford through the middle, Martial left and Lingard right but he won't drop Lukaku no matter how terrible he has been of late.

Fellani in for Matic and if Matic is not fit he might revert to 433 instead of 3 at the back, be interesting to see how he sets up.

Any idea who is fit for the weekend CB wise, be good to have at least Jones or Bailly back.

Matic out probably means Herrera in from the start and if Fellaini is fit possibly even bring Fellaini in for Lingard to make a proper 3 man midfield.

I think the way Arsenal play means he has to go 3-5-2.

We all know the way to win at Arsenal it's a tried and trusted method sit deep and frustrate them then do them on the counter attack.

As far as I know Jones is out for a few more weeks haven't really seen a return date for Bailly.

Matic has been quite poor the last 2 games. He seemed to be passing backwards a lot and his actual passing and touch were poor. Maybe he needs a rest (or to stop watching Lukaku in training haha) as we have relied on him from game 1 really and he has held the team together well, especially while Pogba was out.

Interesting to see in Lindelof gets a start as he has been quite good. Arsenal could make or break him maybe tho, the softly softly approach may benefit his game growing.

When's the press conference, is it tomorrow?

I think as JSP says he will go tight on Saturday, make sure we don't concede as last year we were out of the game after 20 minutes, he will not want a repeat of that as we just got torn apart from the outset.

I think he might go 433 and try to control the middle of the park as although we scored 4 on Tuesday, we were quite open as well, Watford got through quite a few times so he will want to make sure that after 20 minutes its at least level.

One of the big sayings in football "you have to earn the right to play your football", I think that might be the case on Saturday

When's the press conference, is it tomorrow?

I think as JSP says he will go tight on Saturday, make sure we don't concede as last year we were out of the game after 20 minutes, he will not want a repeat of that as we just got torn apart from the outset.

I think he might go 433 and try to control the middle of the park as although we scored 4 on Tuesday, we were quite open as well, Watford got through quite a few times so he will want to make sure that after 20 minutes its at least level.

One of the big sayings in football "you have to earn the right to play your football", I think that might be the case on Saturday

Last years game was a bit of a right off Utd had given up in the league and played a weakened team as we had Europa league quarter or semi finals around that time. It was a nothing game where nothing really happened until they got a freak goal from Xhaka which took a huge deflection off Herrera and Utd didn't really bother busting a gut to fight back.

I think with their front 3 we have to go to a back 3 otherwise we'll just get over run, my guess is he'll want to go direct to his front 2 and get Pogba joining them from midfield where he can but it'll be classic Mourinho backs to the walls and look to score on counter attack.

I hope he plays 3 centre mids and looks to out muscle them in the midfield Xhaka/Ramsey aren't good enough to beat our 3 in their and this is where I think the game can be won, it's where both Liverpool/City dominated the Arsenal 3-4-3 and basically cut off the supply to the forward line. It's certainly where we lost it vs Chelsea as we got overloaded when we just had 2 in there.

Arsenal despite all there issues at home are a fantastic side so taking any points I think is a decent result but it would be a great win to get, puts a bit of distance between us and a rival for the top 4 spots, keeps a bit of pressure on City and gets that monkey off the managers back about not winning away vs the other big 6 sides.

DDG

Lindelof Smalling Rojo

Valencia Fellaini Herrera Pogba Young

Lukaku Martial

Bloody hell I was talking about when Sanchez tore us a new one, was that two years ago? Memory is going mate haha

Bloody hell I was talking about when Sanchez tore us a new one, was that two years ago? Memory is going mate haha

Yeah that was 2 seasons ago under LVG early in the season if I recall correctly, absolutely had our pants pulled down that day.

haha yeah course, Xhaka and Welbeck wasn't it last year, yeah I was thinking of two years ago we were three down in no time.

Big game now with Citeh scoring in the 96th minute, couldn't believe it, raging! Just gotta go for it tomorrow, go at them, if we get beat by the better team on the day then fair enough but go at them, go for it and try and get what would be a huge win, as Citeh will put about 7 past West Ham

I don't think you can go at this Arsenal team at home as you play into their hands it's what Spurs did you need to be clever frustrate them but then be ruthless at the other end it's the way we've always played it vs Wenger teams and he hasn't changed his tactics so no reason to change ours. I think the big issue with this tactic is while we're pretty good at the defensive bit we don't have that ruthless edge going forward.

There was nothing more inevitable than that last minute City winner they're like us back in the day it's not luck it's just relentless pressure late in games and eventually someone cracks and makes a mistake or someone pulls out a moment of magic.

Fellaini isn't fit by the way. With that in mind it's a midfield 2 of Herrera and Pogba.

I'd go back to the 4-2-3-1

Valencia Smalling Rojo Young

Herrera Pogba

Mata Lingard Rashford

Martial

Lukaku can come on once we've ran them ragged on the counter and are 3-0 up!

I don't think you can go at this Arsenal team at home as you play into their hands it's what Spurs did you need to be clever frustrate them but then be ruthless at the other end it's the way we've always played it vs Wenger teams and he hasn't changed his tactics so no reason to change ours. I think the big issue with this tactic is while we're pretty good at the defensive bit we don't have that ruthless edge going forward.

There was nothing more inevitable than that last minute City winner they're like us back in the day it's not luck it's just relentless pressure late in games and eventually someone cracks and makes a mistake or someone pulls out a moment of magic.

Yeah mate I don't mean just go gung ho at them and let them pick us off obviously, but i do mean don't just park the bus and have no interest in attacking, which we have done time and again away from home, there has to be some adventure and attacking intent on our behalf which we need to show tomorrow that has been severely lacking in recent games against the top 6, didn't mean just play 4-2-4 and attack attack attack haha

Matic to travel with the squad to be assessed on the day.

Jones, Bailly & Fellaini all out.

Fellaini I think is being frozen out because of his contract issues. Might be wrong but it's a feeling I get.

Fellaini I think is being frozen out because of his contract issues. Might be wrong but it's a feeling I get.

Interesting theory but I can’t see it if Jose wants him to stay what are you achieving by freezing him out? Also, with Carrick out and Herrera out of form it’s really cutting off your nose to spite your face.

That said only Mourinho could be this petty haha.

Team: De Gea, Lindelof, Smalling, Rojo, Valencia, Matic, Pogba, Young, Lingard, Martial, Lukaku.

I hope Matic is fully fit Ramsey &Xhaka have got a good understanding going together so our 2 need to be fully on it to beat them.

I like that front 3 hopefully it’s lingard in behind the front 2 again rather than out wide.

Arsenal are being allowed too much space. Pogba needs to increase his work rate without the ball.

De Gea. Amazing. We won’t win this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back