Kelechi Iheanacho at Leicester City 2017/18

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Who remembers all the City fans saying Iheanacho was better then Rashford? So the question is who was wrong? Those fans? Or Pep?

Can I answer the question in five years?

Haha.

Point being if he goes and becames a hit here, which I personally think he will. Then what's that say about Pep? I think his a got a real eye for goal even at his young age. Alongside Vardy that's a headache for any side next season.

Just think Pep has given up on him. It's lazy sticking a buy back clause in there and seeing what happens. If this is the best manager in the world why can't he turn a player that was hyped so much by City fans into a star himself? Hope he bags a hatrick at Eithad.

I think the players at City are going to face the same challenge as the ones at Chelsea unless you're a world class player by the age of 21 you just aren't going to break through, even at Utd it will become more difficult and you will need an injury crisis in the first team to get your chance and you just have to take it.

I actually think this kid has talent and in a good team he'd score lots of goals as he's a deadly finisher but the challenge for him at Leicester will be how many chances can they create for him as he doesn't create to many for himself that isn't really his game. Where we might see a new part of his game is that he may now have space to run in behind teams whereas at City he couldn't really do that. I think Rashford probably has the better all round game but in front of goal Iheanacho looks deadly.

A £50m buy back clause seems like a bit of a token thing if you really believed in him why would you structure the deal so you have to pay double and already inflated fee to get him back? Why not loan him out if Aguero maybe has 1 or 2 more years at the club before he moves on let Iheanacho develop on loan I just don't think Pep sees him as good enough and City probably need to claw back some cash for the FFP figures.

In terms of nurturing this talent I think it's very hard for managers to work one on one with players now especially at the top clubs the games just come to thick and fast to really coach players to improve them all you can really do is keep them fit and work on tactics. I think it's really on the players to do the work on their own after training to make the difference and I'm sure clubs make coaches available for one to one coaching sessions but I doubt the manager will be giving them.

But surely given his 20, given the goals his scored and the manner in which he scored them, his worth keeping?

Your 100% right when you say why not loan him out. Someone like Leicester or even West Ham would have paid a fee just to loan him i'm sure. Then make the decision at a later date. Best case for City if they ever do want him back is that it will cost them £25 million.

I dont see them as heavily stack up front anyway. Considering the amount of games they have. Aguero and Jesus are their go to guy ahead of the millions of midfielders they've got. Then there's Wilf Bony. Surely that flops got to go. It only takes Aguero to get injured (which has happened before) or Jesus to get a knocked (which has happened before) and Iheanacho would be in.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back