Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I could certainly see this happening but I think it could hinge on what business we do! I know he's not contributing much but he's an extra body who we know does have quality!

Unless there's some wide youngster that should be given a chance that I'm missing?

Really disappointed with how this has turned out, such an exciting player when I watched him play for PSV, played some great stuff on the counter with them. Started well for us too but he hardly got a look in after Martial was signed, found it hard then when he did get the odd game. Needs to be the main man in a team and he's not good enough to be that here, hopefully finds somewhere where he can be more important.

Yeah, same. Had very high hopes, esepcially after his pre-season and the Brugge CLQ games. But as you say, some players thrive when being the main man and perhaps that's the issue with Depay. He seems to have lost a bit of sharpness too - possibly put on too much mass. A loan in January would be the best option for us I think, in that it would give us a few months to make up our minds what we do with him long term while assessing how he does.

Mourinho:

“I have to say that in the past couple of months my decisions in relation to Memphis were influenced by the feelings and information that he would like to leave in January and that we were going to have a real offer that we would be willing to accept,” Mourinho said. “That obviously influences me.

“The players who are not having many chances to play, we don’t have the right to stop them leaving. What we have is the power to say, ‘No, I don’t accept this offer’. Until now – zero.”

Shame but hope he can resurrect his career somewhere. Germany or Italy would be good moves for him.

I'd like him to resurrect it right now. That's a lot of talent to lose. Wish I knew what his issues were just for my own piece of mind. Still have hopes that he has a very bright future with us.

Talent wise it's a loss and a shame. But in terms of what he's actually brought to the team it's really not and so for the right price let him go. He's obviously not eager to fight for his place so just let him go. I wish him all the best though because somewhere in there is a talented player.

Yeah think we could get £20m or there or thereabouts for him. Would rather him go abroad to be honest, wouldn't be anything worse than him moving to an English club and tearing it up!

Might be more difficult to get higher transfer fees from clubs outside of England. The likes of Everton can now spend £20m-£30m on players.

Might be more difficult to get higher transfer fees from clubs outside of England. The likes of Everton can now spend £20m-£30m on players.
This is true, the crazy money in the EPL and what clubs are willing to spend will only increase. I think Lyon will go upwards of £20m but not beyond.

This is true, the crazy money in the EPL and what clubs are willing to spend will only increase. I think Lyon will go upwards of £20m but not beyond.

Plus clubs in the Premier League can now pay higher wages, which is a reason why United have received lower transfer fees in the past.

Ideal situation, selling him to non-PL club for decent fee with a buy back option.

Got to say, of all the transfers we've made this has been the most disappointing for me. Signing Martial less than a month after signing Memphis and then playing him in his position didn't help Memphis' case. He struggled for starts and when he did get chances they were spread out, never got a run of games or a chance to get some form going.

More importantly... What do I do with the shirt with his name on the back now?

Always painful when talent doesn't live up to the billing but good business on the club's part. Sigh.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back