Pep Guardiola sees Manchester United as his preferred next move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When Ferguson retired klopp and pep were my preffered choices. Obviously klopp is a no go now so we need to make sure we get pep. I am not particularly looking to get rid of lvg but we can't afford to get the timing wrong if we want pep.

maybe we are the reason why Pep is reluctant to commit himself to Bayern over the summer. He waits for LVG to be sacked. Hope he takes a nother sabbath year to ready for us after the 3 years of LVG.

Hopefully Giggs is willing to be the assistant for another 3 years then. He's the one if we can't get Pep. Pep's the only one I prefer to Giggsy.

I would've liked Klopp but oh well. Pep will go to City.

Pep Guardiola has decided to join City at the end of the season, according to ZDF Sport.

I heard Graham Hunter on 5 live the other week discussing this and he states that Guardiola wants to come to Old Trafford seeing United as "an itch he wants to scratch" after almost signing as a player for Fergie (but United signed Veron instead) and he has sampled the atmosphere on champions league nights at OT.
How true Hunters`s sources are, who knows?
Who has faith in Woodward to do the deal though?

Guardiola is "100%, definitely" joining Manchester City, according to Sky Deutschland's Uli Kohler.

For me this comes down to which board will approach Pep despite having a manager currently in place.

And the answer to that I think is only the City board will so that. I think it's widely accepted that Pellegrini is on borrowed time at City? And they are exactly the kind of club who'd go behind his back to secure Pep.

I just don't see Woodward or our board doing that. And that's a real shame because as a result we will miss out on the best manager in the world. And instead probably end up sacking LVG at the end of the season anyway.

I think we would be his preferred choice. Why wouldn't we be? We've got the history and he could restore us to the Fergie days. City is a great opportunity for silverware but you know you'll get heaps of money and you know you're always going to be looking over your shoulder.

Interesting that he latest on sky sports from his latest press conference says it could be 2 years before he manages here. Could it be that he's waiting for the united job? As right now that will definitely be available from next summer at the latest...

If we fail to qualify for the CL what looks like, he'd be maybe the only manger to still attract top players.

If we fail to qualify for the CL what looks like, he'd be maybe the only manger to still attract top players.

But I fear failure to qualify for the champions league would mean not being able to lure Pep? Maybe we would as he'd see it as a real project but I can't see that happening...

I don't think he ends up at United for several reason.

- United not reaching the CL
- United's squad simply not good enough
- Woodward seems not interested in hiring a proper manager / do any changes to management
- United as a club is in an increasingly chaotic state. Look at the academy, it's a disaster
- We have never shown interested and even if he'd prefer us as a club at a certain point he needs to decide an will go to Shitty

The only point I'd argue is that we've never shown interest?

Fergie picked Pep as his successor. He'd asked Pep to call him the minute he had decided he wanted a return... Sadly Pep chose to go to Bayern so if anything he kind of rejected us back then?

Guardiola has met with United directors, according to L'Equipe. The meeting apparently took place in Paris.

The club and Guardiola's camp have denied the meeting.

So do we think the club did meet him? And that they've denied it for LVG?

Or we genuinely haven't met with him?

I hope to god it's the former. Not just as he's a top coach but because if we are seriously not trying to get him then this club needs a good long hard look at itself!!

I don't know what to believe... I'm sure they would want Pep yes. But am I sure they'd hold talks with him? Whilst still having LVG in charge? When it's been strongly reported that they are really backing LVG? I'm not so sure they would...

I would be upset if they hadn't had talks with him. Even if they are backing light will be gone in 18 months. They should be looking at his replacement now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back