West Ham United Discussion 2023/24

More likely none of our scouts rated the City reject, same with Walker when he was just down the road as well probably.

So, chances of West Ham winning the Europa League and saving David Moyes his job then out of ten? 3/10 for me.

Think at that point our scouting department was a bit all over the place, think Moyes had recruited a few people in his first season who stayed on but for a few years we were all over the place when it came to signings. Van Gaal apparently couldn't believe how few people there were behind the scenes.

Can't see them winning the Europa with Liverpool and Leverkusen still in it but if they can finish the season strong it might keep him in the job. I don't think the owners will want to unsettle things and make a change but it's 5 without a win in the league so he needs to put that right quickly.

I'd say it's 50/50 that he'll be there next season.

I did hear that their current director of football is being linked to Liverpool.

Think at that point our scouting department was a bit all over the place, think Moyes had recruited a few people in his first season who stayed on but for a few years we were all over the place when it came to signings. Van Gaal apparently couldn't believe how few people there were behind the scenes.

Can't see them winning the Europa with Liverpool and Leverkusen still in it but if they can finish the season strong it might keep him in the job. I don't think the owners will want to unsettle things and make a change but it's 5 without a win in the league so he needs to put that right quickly.

I'd say it's 50/50 that he'll be there next season.

I did hear that their current director of football is being linked to Liverpool.

Rangnick as well, but that was mainly because in England we do things differently to continental Europe, in England until recently the Manager literally does everything, in Europe they are not Managers but coaches.

The Europa League is brutal this season, it's gonna take a very good team to win it.

Haven't a clue who that is.

Rangnick as well, but that was mainly because in England we do things differently to continental Europe, in England until recently the Manager literally does everything, in Europe they are not Managers but coaches.

The Europa League is brutal this season, it's gonna take a very good team to win it.

Haven't a clue who that is.

Yeah Utd clung on to that model a lot longer than other clubs because we had the best in the business at it and one of the last of that kind of manager. Think losing both Fergie and Gill at the same time left a huge power vacuum and well the rest is history. However, good Moyes and Woodward were at their jobs neither was ever going to fill the shoes of the man they replaced.

Yeah it's a very competitive competition. West Ham avoided the extra playoff round by winning their group so they go straight into the last 16. Think you probably hope that Liverpool/Leverkusen draw each other at some point, although don't think they can meet until the quarter finals.

Germany guy called Tim Steidten he joined West Ham in the summer as technical director.

Yeah Utd clung on to that model a lot longer than other clubs because we had the best in the business at it and one of the last of that kind of manager. Think losing both Fergie and Gill at the same time left a huge power vacuum and well the rest is history. However, good Moyes and Woodward were at their jobs neither was ever going to fill the shoes of the man they replaced.

Yeah it's a very competitive competition. West Ham avoided the extra playoff round by winning their group so they go straight into the last 16. Think you probably hope that Liverpool/Leverkusen draw each other at some point, although don't think they can meet until the quarter finals.

Germany guy called Tim Steidten he joined West Ham in the summer as technical director.

Forgot about the extra round, did my predictions a couple of days ago for the games today/tomorrow and don't remember seeing Liverpool or Neverkusen there or West Ham.

Marseille, AC Milan, Benfica and Sporting were there, as were Freiburg who I think will do well, but I think West Ham beat then home and away in the group stage ....

Remembered him as soon as I logged-out, was listening to him talking about the possibility only last night!

Yeah it's a strong field always hard to predict how serious sides will take it.

The extra round is brutal it killed us last season as it hit just after the league cup semi double header it meant after the world cup we had a midweek game every week pretty much until the last week of the season. By March the waiting time for the Utd treatment room was probably longer than the local NHS hospital.

Still think the best thing for the europa league would be to get rid of this drop down from the champions league and just let it be it's own tournament from start to finish.

Think next season even the europa goes to 8 group games rather than 6 as it'll be a similar setup to the Champions League.

I only heard the link to Liverpool stuff on a podcast this morning prior to that never heard of the guy.

Yeah it's a strong field always hard to predict how serious sides will take it.

The extra round is brutal it killed us last season as it hit just after the league cup semi double header it meant after the world cup we had a midweek game every week pretty much until the last week of the season. By March the waiting time for the Utd treatment room was probably longer than the local NHS hospital.

Still think the best thing for the europa league would be to get rid of this drop down from the champions league and just let it be it's own tournament from start to finish.

Think next season even the europa goes to 8 group games rather than 6 as it'll be a similar setup to the Champions League.

I only heard the link to Liverpool stuff on a podcast this morning prior to that never heard of the guy.

Still rather be in it than not, as a fan the more midweek games the better, mind if I had more of a life I might feel differently ....

Might have been this morning, these days nights and mornings blend into one

He also sacked or rather demoted the staff of SAF and then found himself trying to manage like he did at Everton. It is funny that he is always a couple of games from the sack at West Ham always, though they are 10th even now. I think it is not only his football but his demeanor itself is demoralising. Big Sam for all his faults is an uplifting character in that he thinks he is the best while Moyes looks as if the weight of the whole world is always on his shoulder.

Think West Ham are just one of the clubs the fans are never really happy they tend to flip between expansive managers and cautious managers with every change.

So a few bad results and they haven’t won in 5 games puts you under a lot of pressure especially after he played a weak side in the league cup quarter final vs Liverpool. You don’t get many chances of cup wins at West Ham and when you get to the quarters you should be going for it.

They should get a young manager maybe like Potter and give him some time and money. Not people like Moyes, Big Sam and that old guy from Sheffield, (I forgot his name).

Potter would be a good appointment but he’d need to be well backed in his first summer to change the way they play.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seems a crazy career move for him to be honest.

Any link to anyone from Portugal always wiffs of BS to me they always seem to be very busy linking themselves to other clubs out there.

He has a buyout clause in his Sporting deal think it's something like 10m euro.

He's got a hell of a reputation.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back