Diogo Dalot | Match Discussion Thread 2023/24

Does anyone remember his disastrous match in the CL or was it EL? Against a Spanish side after he came back from Italy? No one ever thought he would make it until Ralf started to give him some time.

He’s always had the raw ingredients you need to be a top class right back. He’s good in the air, got good strength and is relatively quick. One area was that there wasn’t much output in an attacking sense but he has a great shot on him and he’s starting to get a few assists.

It's a good run of form but he needs to maintain this level.

Dropped his level a bit yesterday, wasn't poor, think he let the crowd get to him as well.

He’s been good of late but that was a shocker of a performance in the second half.

All over the place on the winner, not sure what he was thinking must have just lost his bearings.

Left Iwobi with acres to pick his spot.

Got to say since the turn of the year he's been a star man for us, seems to be back to the levels we saw before the world cup last season.

Showing more and more quality on the ball each game moving into the midfield areas and his defending has also improved. Seems to have that focus that is sometimes lacking for 90 minutes at the moment.

Best fullback at the club, but then we've known that for a while ....

I noticed particularly on Sunday that he’s stepping in to a more central role when United have the ball at the back. Has that been something they’ve done with him for some time?

I noticed particularly on Sunday that he’s stepping in to a more central role when United have the ball at the back. Has that been something they’ve done with him for some time?

Yeah it's been going on all season probably more noticeable since Christmas with Casemiro/Mainoo in midfield we've gone a little bit less direct with the build up play and Garnacho has tried to stay wide on the right to maintain width.

Yep since the turn of the year I think he's been very good.

He'll probably come third in the players player of the year award, the fans, well depends on how well he played the week before probably ....

For the penalty he looked like a right back playing at left back. His body position was all wrong. Silly challenge though.

My initial reaction was idiot but when you see the replay he just touches Madueki's heel as he's running which knocks both of them off balance and he falls into him, it is a penalty but it's also a bit unlucky. Was good play by Madueki to go down the outside he had the fresh legs and did him with a bit of skill and speed, I suspect he wanted to show him outside but he got done by speed.

What he did afterwards was worse he charged off up the pitch from the kick off trying to be superman lost the ball which started their break which eventually led to the goal. You can't react to mistakes by making another mistake like that it's immature and I expect him to know better at this point in his career.

My initial reaction was idiot but when you see the replay he just touches Madueki's heel as he's running which knocks both of them off balance and he falls into him, it is a penalty but it's also a bit unlucky. Was good play by Madueki to go down the outside he had the fresh legs and did him with a bit of skill and speed, I suspect he wanted to show him outside but he got done by speed.

What he did afterwards was worse he charged off up the pitch from the kick off trying to be superman lost the ball which started their break which eventually led to the goal. You can't react to mistakes by making another mistake like that it's immature and I expect him to know better at this point in his career.

What try and win the game again for United, yeah shocking :rolleyes:

What try and win the game again for United, yeah shocking :rolleyes:

Come on you know better.

He lost his composure and dived out from left back to try and make up for a mistake left a huge gap behind him which Chelsea then broke into when he lost the ball.

Come on you know better.

He lost his composure and dived out from left back to try and make up for a mistake left a huge gap behind him which Chelsea then broke into when he lost the ball.

We need brave players, you score 3 we'll score 4, none of this oh shit lets hang on for a draw nonsense ....

I'm with JC here, go and chase the game.

Don't the players know if Dalot is charging forward someone needs to cover his position?

Pathetic

We need brave players, you score 3 we'll score 4, none of this oh shit lets hang on for a draw nonsense ....

Nonsense that's how Newcastle threw away a title all those years ago and gifted it to us.

You need players who can maintain a calm head when everything around them is going wrong.

What he did was reckless and immature when you make a mistake it isn't always your job to fix it but it is your job to not make another one straight away.

It was kamikaze stuff after Chelsea scored that penalty. We should have known full well that Chelsea would have the tide going for them in those last few minutes. It was no time to get out of shape and let Chelsea have a sniff. It was beyond reckless.

Nonsense that's how Newcastle threw away a title all those years ago and gifted it to us.

You need players who can maintain a calm head when everything around them is going wrong.

What he did was reckless and immature when you make a mistake it isn't always your job to fix it but it is your job to not make another one straight away.

Rubbish, if Newcastle hadn't played that way they would have been nowhere near challenging United for the Title in the first place, and the reason Manchester United won the title that season is because when we needed to we strung 6 or 7 1-0 wins together not because Newcastle threw it away.

And it was hardly going wrong, our shit team, shit players and shit Manager had gone from 2-0 down to lead 3-2 against traditionally one of our biggest rivals on their own patch and we were dominating the game

He was brave ffs, some times it goes wrong, it's football ....

You need discipline in key moments and Dalot lost his. At 3-3, his primary thought should have been 'okay i'm gutted it's 3-3 because of my mistake, but lets make sure we leave with a point'. We have all said previously he is an average full back having a good season compared to his own standards.

You need discipline in key moments and Dalot lost his. At 3-3, his primary thought should have been 'okay i'm gutted it's 3-3 because of my mistake, but lets make sure we leave with a point'. We have all said previously he is an average full back having a good season compared to his own standards.

If that was his attitude he'd be at the wrong club then.

Have we?

I really like Dalot at RB, and I do rate him actually. I think he has done enough this season to warrant a stay and be the first team starter. I think AWB needs to earn that spot back, if he's around to do so.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back