Sitting back

Sideshow Bob

I don't understand why United sat back at 1-0 for the last 20-30 minutes; we stopped playing and it was asking for trouble. The negative tactics invited pressure and gave the advantage to Everton. Or were the tactics right, and if not for a moment of stupidity would we be praising the performance in what is a tough away fixture?

Not sure if we sat back or just struggled to keep the ball when we got it, we couldn't get out of our own half. Felt that throughout the game we were making too many unforced errors in possession, both sides were to be honest, seemed like all 22 players had no composure for 60 minutes, neither team settled, Everton did when they made their changes and we carried on in the same way and bringing Fellaini on made that worse, that was the most frustrating thing for me, that sub, without giving the penalty away I didn't agree with it. Thought we were crying out for players that could keep the ball and bring some composure to the team. Blind and Mata were ideal in my opinion to see that game out. Mourinho clearly opted for height which i'm not sure was needed against an Everton side who don't really have much aerial threat anyway, apart from Lukaku, who was being dealt with anyway.

Not sure if we sat back or just struggled to keep the ball when we got it, we couldn't get out of our own half. Felt that throughout the game we were making too many unforced errors in possession, both sides were to be honest, seemed like all 22 players had no composure for 60 minutes, neither team settled, Everton did when they made their changes and we carried on in the same way and bringing Fellaini on made that worse, that was the most frustrating thing for me, that sub, without giving the penalty away I didn't agree with it. Thought we were crying out for players that could keep the ball and bring some composure to the team. Blind and Mata were ideal in my opinion to see that game out. Mourinho clearly opted for height which i'm not sure was needed against an Everton side who don't really have much aerial threat anyway, apart from Lukaku, who was being dealt with anyway.

Couldn't agree more... Lukaku was being handled and what we needed was players to keep the ball and play with composure. We needed to see the game out by maintaining possession and doing what we'd done all game in defense. That didn't need to change so quite why Jose felt he needed to change it is beyond me.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back