Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Manchester United 5-1 FC Midtjylland - 25th February 2016

Some debut.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great striker finishes those. Something about this lad says to me he's not going to be a flash in the pan. He's no Kiko Macheda!

Big, strong, quick, wants to get on the end of things but can hold the ball up or run in the channels. Really exciting prospect!

Great striker finishes those. Something about this lad says to me he's not going to be a flash in the pan. He's no Kiko Macheda!

Big, strong, quick, wants to get on the end of things but can hold the ball up or run in the channels. Really exciting prospect!

Bit early to say that after one game against crap opposition.

Perhaps... But my point is more in the way he played. He played like a center forward.

He plays like that with the creative players around him and he's going to get goals. He wants to get in the box and when he gets a chance he looks to hit the target. Nothing fancy, not looking always for the perfect finish... Just get your head down and strike the ball.

Beat George Best's record of youngest United player to score in Europe.

Absolutely buzzing for the lad. What United is all about! Remember hearing about him when he was 14 as "the next Ravel Morrison". Has seemingly got the right mentality though! (I hope!)

Ooh I had to look that one up as I thought Rooney was 17 when he scored that hat trick on his debut. Turns out he was nearly 19.

I'd only heard of the lad earlier this season when he made the bench for one game due to injuries. Don't think he came on that day but maybe he should have! Definitely seems like a lad living the dream of playing for Manchester United and isn't that what football is all about!

What a way to debut. Absolutely buzzed for the lad. This is what is the United way. Regarding his performance, he played with a level of confidence which belies his age. He was buzzing around the pitch and the finishing for the goal was excellent. Would love to see him develop into a first team regular for us. Will be interesting to see how he copes with the pressure now that he has come to the notice of the vultures that are the English press. Will he survive a dip in form which is wont to happen with young players? Hope he does.

In a strange way I'm kind of hoping maybe Martial is out for a couple of weeks. Just to see what this lad can do over a little run in the team.

What I saw in this guy yesterday I'm yet to see in Keane. Now I don't watch the under 21s and 18s but I'm going on the brief bits I've seen. Keane looks a good player but I don't see him lasting at United.

Rashford on the other hand... Based on how he handled himself yesterday well I can see him developing. Yes OK its one game, yes it was against poor opposition but he handled himself like an experienced player. He held himself well, worked hard, linked the play, ran the channels and took his chances. A run in the side will pit him against better defenders and I want to see how he handles that.

Delighted for Rashford - one of the youngsters I feel does have a chance here so good to see him do well on the bigger stage. He has grown a lot physically over the last 18 months - and you feel when he fully fills his frame he will be a handful for defences.

Delighted for Rashford - one of the youngsters I feel does have a chance here so good to see him do well on the bigger stage. He has grown a lot physically over the last 18 months - and you feel when he fully fills his frame he will be a handful for defences.

It's quite frightening to think what he could do when he fully fills his frame. He already looks strong and can handle himself so he will be really physical once he's really filled out properly. Definitely one of the guys I can see staying here and having a good career but of course it's early days.

Manchester United 3-2 Arsenal - 28th February 2016

Incredible.

Haha I'm feeling quite smug right now!

I said the other day he looks like someone who can really do great things and again he is proving that today.

Who'd have thought this time last week in fact this 72 hours ago he was pretty much unknown.

What an absolute gem! Pace, power, skill and done the dirty work too. 2 great finishes and the composure he showed to set Herrera up was fantastic.

I am so proud of the lad. Looks quite a talent. Just hope he keeps his focus and has a bit of luck on his side.

I hope he gets a run in the side now. Even if / when Martial comes back I wouldn't want to see him replace Rashford. He's now done enough to earn a run in the team.

The two goals he scored were once again typical striker finishes. Getting in the box, being in the right areas and not over playing or thinking things! But he adds so much more. He runs in behind, he runs the channels, he holds the ball up, he takes people on plus he's got composure. The way he slowed things down to set Herrera up was out of this world. That shows maturity beyond his years. What would Memphis, Januzaj, Walcott, Chamberlain and others have done in that position? I can pretty much guarantee they'd have tried to take it on.

Martial on the right wing when he returns?

No way... As harsh as it may seem I'd move Memphis over. Martial is just simply better coming in from the left. There's no way I'd want to take that away from him. Not for the sake of Memphis having two good games, one against a poor opponent.

Manchester United 1-0 Watford - 2nd March 2016

No goal but their defenders struggled with him. Everytime he got the ball I sensed something might happen. So exciting.

He was class when he switched to the right. Nice link up play at 9 as well. I thought he was our best attacker.

That's great to hear... Shame he won't continue a two goals per game record and ratio though! :);)

It's so refreshing to see and hear of a young player who's come in to the side and is having a real impact. Someone who's trying to make things happen! And he even made a telling contribution in defense didn't he? With a header off the line.

Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United - 10th March 2016

Brilliant idea to stick him on the right

He may be doing on there but it's not his best position.

His best position is as a striker. Just like Martial's is on the left right now. But no no let's not play it that way. Let's keep Memphis in the team who for the most part has been awful this season.

It's worrying how quickly he's coached him out of doing good things. Di Maria's performance against Chelsea the other night at least provides hope that it isn't a permanent change in these players.

I don't think you can ever truly coach talent out of players? At least I hope not. The lads at United right now may play the way LVG wants them to but that'll all change when he's gone.

Selected for the England Under-20 squad to play Canada in Doncaster on Easter Sunday.

Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool - 17th March 2016

I thought he was our best attacker.

Again?!? Well his good and consistent performances give us hope for next season! Other than that there's very little positives to take from what's been a real shocker of a season which will no doubt only get worse.

Love watching him. Strong for his age too. Can't beat pace, power and skill.

My only thing with him tonight... And it's a minor thing based on two small moments I watched. He didn't seem the quickest at times? I wanted him to go at Sakho but he didn't seem to back himself for pace? Why not? Again it's a small thing but he's got pace and I'd like to see him use it more.

Manchester City 0-1 Manchester United - 20th March 2016

Great goal! Good pass from Mata and then Rashford goes past the City defender nicely before calming slotting in. That's the Rashford that burst on to the scene and that's why he's best in the middle.

Rinsed Demichelis, hopefully he stays in upfront when Rooney returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back