Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaw trained away from the squad today. Van Gaal says "He's okay. I've spoken with him and we've made a programme for him."

Rob Dawson of the MEN said on twitter before press conference "Looks like Shaw is working on beating a man and hitting a target in the box with his cross. Looks fit enough."

Inter Milan - 30/7/2014

Thought he did very well in 2nd half. van Gaal pushing him to get better.

Looked sharp.

Good attitude.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Real Madrid - 2/8/2014

One of United's better players in the second half. Defended well, strong going forward and used the ball intelligently in attacking positions.

At the minute, I think we're looking at Shaw on the left and Young on the right for the first game. Valencia has had some bright moments on tour but has realled fluffed it up at other times.

I would agree. Valencia's approach play has been quite good but his final ball pretty poor.

iQIbeQQVbfQea.gif

And stuff like this...

Very impressed with Shaw. Plenty of energy, always an outlet on the left and looks very assured defensively. Very mature player for such a young age.

Liverpool - 5/8/2014

Good performance. Solid defensively, full of energy, good first touch and intelligent passing.

I must be missing something about him or people are overrating him (not necessarily this forum).

I must be missing something about him or people are overrating him (not necessarily this forum).

Thought he's looked very impressive personally. Thought he was very good last night. What have you been unimpressed with by him?

Thought he's looked very impressive personally. Thought he was very good last night. What have you been unimpressed with by him?

I haven't seen a whole lot of him and the way people banged on about him last season and the ÂŁ30m price tag I was expecting a bit more from him. If Buttner had put in those performances pre-season I wouldn't have bat an eye lid.

That's fair enough. Personally with the price tag I expected him to struggle early on with us, and maybe he will once we start playing competitive fixtures, but for me so far he's looked very confident and he's been assured defensively so I'm happy with what I've seen.

Sigh. Had a feeling this might happen when he asked for extra training.

Sunderland U21s - 15/9/2014

West Ham United - 27/9/2014

Excellent in attack and defence. He's brilliant in 1v1 situations. It's a shame today was his first start.

Thought he was good. Definitely a better option than Rojo at left back. And to Rojo is better a centre back.

He was good. Better LB than Rojo who looks more suited to the LCB role.

Looking forward to seeing more. He'll only get better playing with Di Maria infront of him, perhaps a few communication problems today between the 2.

Everton - 5/10/2014

Penalty aside he did very well in attack and defence. Hope his knee is ok. Luckily got international break now so he (and others) have got a bit of time to recover.

Shaw has got a few things to improve on but early signs are good.

Think he's excellent. Not many weaknesses, perhaps aerially he can improve, but for an 18 year old he is really impressive.

Was good. But still has a long way to go to justify the price tag imo

Was good. But still has a long way to go to justify the price tag imo

It's a good thing he's 18 then! Think there's been too much about his price tag, we could potentially have him for 15 more years and if he keeps going the way he is it won't be long before he pays it off. Ferdinand and Rooney were signed as young English prospects and I'm sure people were questioning their price tags at the time as well.

How much he cost shouldn't even be discussed now, if ever, never thought of it once while watching him today. It's not something that crosses my mind with any player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back