David de Gea | Match Discussion thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have Moyes and Woodward to pick on now lol. He's quietly going about his business.

Crystal Palace - 14/9/2013

Clean sheet. Erm great kick out at some point in the game. Always looking to get off his line quickly. Great communication with Vidic when he came out and sorted it. Had he done that early last season it would have ended differently.

If I was a journo interviewing him after the game, i'd have asked if the tea/coffee was good? Easy day at the office for him.

Huge save. Genuinely believe that today was a must win and he played a part in that, dodgy moment at the end from a corner.

Contender for save of the season, and at a crucial time, if we had gone 2 down, then it would have been more difficult

Huge save. Genuinely believe that today was a must win and he played a part in that, dodgy moment at the end from a corner.

Excellent save. The dodgy moment at the end he got a fist to it and then managed to kick it out. Would have been dodgy if he'd missed it.

We are conceding goals and none of them his fault.

Stoke City - 26/10/2013

Fantastic display. Two or three top saves, good distribution and commanding.

Was unlucky with both goals against us, but made some crucial saves to keep us in it

Can only think of one goal we've conceded this season that he could have done better at and that was one of Leverkusen's goals. Deserves better from his team mates.

A world away from his first and parts of last season where we'd perhaps rely on the team bailing him out... now it's the other way around. Hopefully a time will come where both parties are solid.

Arsenal - 10/11/2013

Didn't have much to do in terms of shot stopping today but he's starting to look very comfortable under the high ball and in his command of the area. He's been excellent so far this season. We had to be patient initially with him when he arrived but he really is starting to look more and more like a gem of a signing.

Clean sheets coming now too. I think for most of last season he was conceding over a goal a game. He's conceded less than a goal a game so far this season despite shipping 4 against City. This is more of a defence thing though.

The main thing is that... I can only think of one goal so far this season for which he could have dealt better with and that is Leverkusen's 2nd goal against us at OT, and some may debate that.

Bayer Leverkusen - 27/11/2013

Made a couple of good stops last night but it was pleasing to see him look at ease in the air. Clean sheet for him too. Should have more this season, not his fault though, should have seen out games against Swansea, Shakhtar, Southampton and Fulham without conceding. A lot of the other goals we've conceded have been ridiculous also. Defensively the whole team can do better.

Aston Villa - 15/12/2013

Pretty sure he called Agbonlahor a bitch in Spanish, War Dave!

Good to see the players up for a bit of a fight.

"Puta" isn't it?

What do we think? Foul or was it right that a corner was awarded? Think a foul was given when one of our players did it on one of their outfield players. And either Mignolet or Lloris got a FK for something similar in the game after ours.

I had no issue with the decision at the time. On reflection perhaps a freekick should have been awarded.

I liked de Gea's reaction; he showed fight.

Hull City - 26/12/2013

Huge save at the end. Loved his reaction after the save.

Huge save at the end. Loved his reaction after the save.

He definitely stood tall.

Who knew he was also good at tackling? That was a worrying moment but we will forgive him as he saved the three points towards the end of the game

Norwich City - 28/12/2013

Two important saves in the first half.

Chelsea - 19/1/2014

I love De Gear but what the hell is he doing with his feet. The last few goals conceded he's tried to stop with his feet. Does not look right.

Had nothing to do all night and then that. Just the way our season is going.

Can't blame him a whole lot he's one of the positives this season. Made amends in the penalty shootout.

Crystal Palace - 22/2/2014

Top performance. Two or three saves of the highest order.

Yep. Top class. Improving all the time from crosses too. Looks more assured. Could do with a settled and solid back 4 in coming seasons. Will be a big help for him.

It'll be Rooney. He and Januzaj only other options really at the minute.

Olympiakos - 19/3/2014

World class! Been saying it since Adnan deal. Pay him whatever he wants, get him tied down. So important we keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back