Boxing 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

General boxing thread for 2016. New threads can be created for big events, eg Mayweather v Pacquiao.

Haye wins in the first round. I was surprised to find that De Mori is ranked higher than Anthony Joshua.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looking forward to this one.

Disappointing fight. Fair result. Quigg did very little in the first half of the fight and left it far to late to be aggressive.

Yep, Joshua is a few levels above Martin. Martin is arguably the worst ever heavyweight champion.

Joshua needs to stay away from Haye and Fury until next year at least, needs some serious challenges before those 2, needs testing. Joseph Parker from New Zealand seems the likely candidate if he wins his fight in May to become the mandatory challenger.

If I were AJ I'd take on the mandatory fighter in the IBF division or someone in the top 5 and go from there. I think talent wise he'd kill Fury but he's not got the experience and that would show.

A fight Vs Haye would be great for the media but would be pointless I think. Haye is too old and now too small for AJ. AJ has the speed to pretty much match Haye plus more power and the size. Look how bad Haye was against Klitscho and that was a fighter who doesn't punch much. AJ would kill him.

Don't agree on Haye. I think Haye could give Joshua a serious fight right now, still a lot for Joshua to work on and he knows this himself. He's winning fights on his punching power alone, as we saw with Whyte he won't always get it so easy.

Oh I don't dispute that Joshua has a lot to work on. Against Whyte he got too involved and too emotional and wanted to trade. It almost ended in him on the mat so there's lots he can learn. I'm just not sure Haye is physically big enough. Haye tends to use his speed but AJ could almost match him on that...

Seems next Joshua fight close to being announced.

Underwhelming but just goes to show that he and his team aren't confident that he's ready for the big one yet. Breazeale a tall fighter, might be a bit of preparation for a potential fight with Fury in the future.

Yeah I'd agree his camp aren't yet confident that he can take on the very best. It was the right time to go for the belt due to the class of opposition but that's all it was.

God this guy is such a prize loser! I really hope he gets knocked out. He's a fool who really isn't even that good. And he's right, it is a disgrace to call him an athlete.

Brilliant from Crolla. Barroso came out guns blazing, he was done after 3 rounds, big drop in work rate after that, basically crawling out of the ring at the end. Tactics spot on from Team Crolla. Support at the arena class, lot of lads there came back from Norwich, some effort that!

I don't fancy Brook's chances.

Anyone planning to watch Brook v Golovkin?

At weigh in:

Brook: 159.4 lbs
Golovkin: 158.9.

Given I'm away in the States I don't think it'll be on anywhere... But if it is then yeah I'll try to! Exciting fight but I do think the size issue will be a problem for Brook. By fight night I think he'll be a few pounds lighter than GGG but we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back