Not open for further replies.
hcsa.png
vs.
200pxmanchesterunitedfc.png

Sunday, 24 May 2015
Barclays Premier League
KC Stadium
15:00 BST​

Not expecting many if any changes unless there are fresh injuries. Would be nice to see likes of Wilson, Januzaj and maybe others involved and would also be good to give Di Maria a start.

Wayne Rooney returns, David De Gea update - Official Manchester United Website

Wayne Rooney is back for Manchester United’s final game of the season against Hull City but David De Gea remains doubtful.

Captain Rooney missed last Sunday's draw with Arsenal with a dead leg he suffered in the win at Crystal Palace, while De Gea came off against the Gunners after sustaining a hamstring injury towards the end of the game.

Asked by MUTV whether De Gea would be fit to play at the KC Stadium, van Gaal said: "That I don’t know yet.

"He has trained today but only with our goalkeeper trainer. He still has a little problem so I want to wait a day longer because I want him to play against Hull City. Rooney is available. He is the captain so I can say he shall play."

Victor Valdes, who came on to make his Reds debut in place of De Gea last weekend, is poised for his first start if De Gea doesn't recover.

Van Gaal added: "Yes, this is not a problem, but I think De Gea is a better goalkeeper. It’s also our last match of the season. I think you have to put out your strongest team because it’s very important for Hull."

United, who are all but certain to finish fourth, have little to play for on Sunday, but victory would relegate Reds legend Steve Bruce’s Hull from the Premier League.

"I have said to the players in spite of him being a Manchester United guy, we have to do what everybody is expecting from us," van Gaal said.

"We have the same approach as ever. We have to give our utmost best. We have to do that for the honesty of the league.

"I have to play my strongest team because we have to give everything for all the other Premier League clubs and especially Newcastle United. We have won six points off Newcastle and we have to win six points off Hull, I think."

United’s 3-0 win in the reverse fixture at Old Trafford in November, courtesy of goals from Chris Smalling, Rooney and Robin van Persie, was one of the team’s most convincing performances of the season.

"It was a very good result and Hull City did a lot of defending, but we scored three goals and were very effective at that time," the manager added. "We also scored from a set-play – that was unique."

Team: Valdes, Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria, Mata, Young, Rooney.
Subs: Lindegaard, McNair, Blackett, Fellaini, Januzaj, Van Persie, Wilson.

Thread closed.

Please use existing Match Discussion threads or create new threads to discuss talking points in the Manchester United forum: Click Here (link to Manchester United forum).

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back