[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilfried Zaha

I'm a bit sceptical on it all but on the Guardian story... If we signed him, let him stay until the end of the season and loaned them Powell for the rest of the season I think it'd be good for all parties. Can't see it happening though.

We won't be signing him in January. I think we will be signing him in the summer though. From what i have seen he has a lot of potential but whether he can handle the pressure of playing for Manchester United is a different story.

Most likely it'll be done this month with him remaining at Palace til the summer, if we're genuinely interested then we won't risk leaving it till the summer.

I don't think Crystal Place want to let him go until the summer because it might affect his game in the second half of the season.

Possibly but I think they'll probably get a couple of players on loan for us as part of the deal which could make a big impact in their promotion push.

Who could you see going to Palace on loan?

Not sure who they might want but we have plenty of options in the reserves. Powell, Macheda, Tunnicliffe, Lingard would be the most likely I'd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross_ View Post
    I don't think Crystal Place want to let him go until the summer because it might affect his game in the second half of the season.
    He's not been playing well recently as he wants to move. If they can do a deal this month and get him back on loan until end of season, his performances will improve.

Palace have already got some good players, I think we'd have to loan a pretty good and experienced player for him to get games. Powell or Wootton i'd say. I don't think Lingard or Tunnicliffe would get regular games. Macheda said he doesn't want a loan in England, which in my opinion is poor, he's had some pretty bad luck with loans but I don't think he's helped himself either.

From watching YouTube videos only, Zaha seems very raw but he possesses the tools that can be developed.

The description of the video says it wasn't one of his better games this season. But yeah you can see a glimpse of what he's about. Can play on either flank, quick, strong, good end product.

The Times, Daily Mail and The Mirror are saying that Zaha is set to join United for 12m.

Banned
    I was just listening to Sky Sports Radio, and I sent in a tweet asking about Strootman & Zaha (they actually mentioned me). They never mentioned Strootman, but they did say the Zaha deal looks very likely.

Not sure if it's legit but Zaha apparently tweeted this earlier.

Seems the tweet was fake. The number of followers may be immaterial, but the account should have one more tweet.

Ah right was a bit suspicious about it, seemed like a weird thing to tweet.

It's scary what can be done.

Can understand people getting fooled by this but a number of journos and media outlets have also fallen for it. Lazy stuff.

Banned
    Who will he choose? He is an Arsenal fan

Arsenal would seem favourites with him being a fan. The Sun is claiming he will join United tomorrow. I haven't seen a great deal of him, but if Fergie and Wenger are both after him then it would suggest he is a player of potential. So hopefully we'll hear good news at some point tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordon726 View Post
    Who will he choose? He is an Arsenal fan
    Are Arsenal going to be in a position in the next 5 years to win. A trophy. I think that's what Walcotts issues might be. He made the wrong decision when he signed. He should have signed for Man Utd if he was a target and he would have had medals. Boyhood fan or not you play football to win silverware. I know where I would go.

Banned
    Apparently Fergie is at the Stoke vs Cyrstal Palace game