[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilfried Zaha

Wilfried Zaha

Manchester United set to bid for Wilfried Zaha in January | Mail Online

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to launch a bid to sign Crystal Palace sensation Wilfried Zaha with an offer that will blow away any other interested clubs.

Ferguson decided to enter the race to England’s newest star when he received the recommendation from his son Darren, after Zaha ripped his Peterborough side apart a few weeks ago.

And now United are set to offer ‘what it takes’ to see off Tottenham and Arsenal in the January window which includes handing the 20-year-old better terms to come to Old Trafford.

According to The Sunday People, Ferguson has kept an eye on Zaha since he dazzled against them in Palace’s shock League Cup triumph last season.

A United source told The People: ‘Sir Alex now thinks Zaha has the skill and bottle to play for United – and he wants him badly.’

Palace are hoping to get 20million for Zaha but will realistically settle for half of that – a figure United will gladly pay, having paid similar sums for emerging talents Phil Jones from Blackburn and Chris Smalling from Fulham.

Ferguson sees Zaha as a Cristiano Ronaldo-style attacker, capable of playing down either wing and scoring goals through pace and trickery.

Zaha is seen as the ideal replacement for Nani who is in a contract dispute and may be on his way out, creating a gap in the United squad. Spurs and Arsenal are also keen but will struggle against United.

The Ivory Coast-born kid has lived in London since he was four, but he would head north if the clubs can sort out a fee.

While Palace would like to keep him for their promotion push, the auction could reach a level where they cannot refuse.

Palace boss Ian Holloway, meanwhile, fears the youngster's progress could suffer as result of his elevation to the England senior squad.

'It’s a difficult time for him as everything has happened at once.

'This could damage a young man who is as pure a footballer as he is.

'He has to learn to handle it, put the emotion away and do his job.'

I've seen very little of him. Yah or nay for those that have seen more of him?

If we can get him for around 10million I don't think we can go wrong, he's clearly very talented and will only get better if he came to us. I wouldn't want him to replace Nani though, he's not at the stage in his career where he can replace an established star.

Wilfried Zaha

Not seen much of him to say whether it would be a good buy or not.

When I saw him last season, I thought he was just quick and not much else, been watching Football League show a lot this season and he certainly looks more than that, ran the length of the pitch to set up a goal last week going past a few players, was quiet yesterday from what I saw of the highlights and the pundits said the same. Showed 1 brief glimpse of his talent for England the other night, some good skill to get away from his man I seem to remember.

Palace chairman said they won't sell him in January, they'd rather keep him to help get promotion and then they'd get more money for going up.

Considering the amount being touted for Zaha I'd prefer us to spend that bit extra on a more established player. Zaha seems very raw to me and I don't think we can afford to put much more time into a winger considering how inconsistent our own wide men have been performing this season.

Banned
    If we sign Zaha I'd prefer us to loan him to a Prem side rather than loan him back to Palace. Maybe a team like Villa, Wigan, Reading or Southampton.

He's got so much ability. He is raw, but he would be a fantastic signing.

Very worrying about Valencia if true. I like Zaha but can he produce the goods straight away? Selling Nani would mean we need to bring someone who's ready straight away in my opinion, mind you we did the same when Becks left and we brought Ronaldo in who was virtually unknown and young.

Zaha scored in Palace's 1-1 draw against Huddersfield. Supposedly a good goal.

He hasn't been playing as well in recent weeks by the sounds of it, clearly unsettled. Can see us signing him in January but letting him stay at Palace a la Smalling.

Arsenal have dropped their interest in Zaha because Walcott is set to sign a new contract according to talkSPORT.

I figured they would be our main rivals, good news if our interest is genuine.

Don't see why Chelsea would be interested. Don't really use wingers and they're quite stocked in the attacking positions. Spurs could be a threat with them being a London club. Zaha may want to stay there.

Yeah, I thought the same regarding Arsenal. He's apparently an Arsenal fan and that could rule out a move to Spurs too.

From the little i've seen of him, if he works hard and gets the right attention. He could be a very good player.