[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Victor Wanyama

I won't lie I've not seen a huge amount of him but from what I have seen I don't think he has the ability on the ball to play for us. The SPL is hardly the highest quality and on the couple of occasions I've seen him domestically he didn't impress me, against Barca he was excellent but it was all about working hard and keeping solid as Celtic barely had the ball. He might be better than I'm giving him credit for but I do feel there are players around Europe who would be better buys.

A sports editor from Glasgow wrote on twitter that Fergie's watched him a lot but he doesn't think his feet are quick enough.

His goal from last night:

I like the guy, hopefully we could get him on the cheap. Would be delighted if we could get him and Zaha.

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman...n-fa-1-2762307

VICTOR Wanyama will move to the English Premier League this month, according to his own FA’s president.

The Celtic midfielder has been strongly linked with a move to either Arsenal or Manchester United in the January transfer window after a barnstorming season for Neil Lennon’s side. Celtic have made it clear, though, that they don’t want to sell him, especially with the Champions League showdown with Juventus coming up next month.

Wanyama will join up with Kenya next week for a friendly international against Libya, to be played in Tunisia for security reasons. And Kenyan FA president, Sam Nyamweya, delivering a speech in Nairobi, reckons Wanyama will quit Celtic “soon”.

He said: “Wanyama will soon be joining one of the big two clubs in the world. It is an exciting moment for us, which means that Kenya is a powerhouse in football.”

Wanyama, 21, has been priced at anything up to 10 million. Celtic paid 900,000 to Belgian side Germinal Beerschot for him in 2011.

United 'poised to table Wanyama bid' - ESPN FC

Interesting bit about Strootman there. By the sound of things agents are becoming an increasing problem.

Both players I know little about, sounds like both are ball winning/box to box types, a player i'd like as long as they have good footballing ability too. Tiote is someone others have mentioned but he seems more of a limited footballer and commits a lot of fouls and picks up a lot of yellows. I'd prefer Cabaye.

Fletcher's absence may have made Fergie think twice about not getting someone in. Scholes is struggling to start 2 games in a month, the replay and the cup game v Fulham were surely ideal for him to start. 4 starts since beginning of Nov. We've begun playing Jones (and late on in games, Kagawa) in there. It's not ideal in my opinion. Anderson is back now but you never know for how long. Wanyama wouldn't be available for CL games but would be very handy for PL games before and after the 2 (or more) CL games, while Cleverley (and Carrick too maybe) can be kept fresh to play the CL games.

Andy Mitten says "It's not happening"

First time i've seen Wanyama tonight. Didn't realise he was only 21. Looks comfortable on the ball but sometimes dawdled on the ball resulting in losing the ball, good passing range, Celtic dominating Juve midfield, defensively done well, big lad for his age/a tank.

My first proper viewing of Wanyama. Thought he played fairly well and at 21 there is scope for improvement. He could be a good, relatively cheap option if we are looking at an understudy for Carrick.

2nd half wasn't as good. It's really hard to judge him just from CL games. He's not being tested in the SPL. Still sceptical about him and us wanting him but i'd need to see more.

Banned
    He's good, but I would prefer Kevin Strootman.

Southampton have agreed a 10m fee for Wanyama according to the Daily Mail.

Wanyama to Southampton has collapsed after he failed to agree personal terms according to Scotish Sunday Mail.

Wanyama has joined Southampton. Thread closed. New Wanyama thread here - Victor Wanyama joins Southampton