[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Robert Lewandowski

Couldn't understand it if we signed him. Unlike 1999 we don't play with 2 orthodox strikers very often so it'll be very hard to give 4 strikers enough games. I can't see it happening without us moving another striker on.

I'm not sure I'd class Yorke and Sheringham as orthodox strikers.

I can understand why we're interested. He would be first choice 9, with van Persie at 10 and Rooney in midfield. Welbeck and Chicharito would see game time, but unlikely starters.

Banned
    If we signed Lewandowski we'd play 4-2-3-1 (like we do ) and this would be the front 4 in my opinion:

??-RvP-Rooney
    Lewandowski

The ?? means either Valencia, Young or Kagawa. I think Nani will leave and so will either Welbeck or Hernandez, probably Hernandez.

Manchester United play waiting game for Borussia Dortmund's 24m-striker Robert Lewandowski - Telegraph

Honestly feel that Welbeck given time will be just as good if not better than Lewandowski. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this is just his agent drumming up interest, remember that this time last year we had signed Nicolas Gaitan..

Banned
    Welbeck isn't a goalscorer like Lewandowski.

Yet! Lewandowski is a couple years older. At Welbeck's age, Lewandowski wasn't Dortmund's first choice.

Inside Manchester United: Lewandowski agrees terms on summer move to Old Trafford - Goal.com

I'll still be surprised if this happened. If it did I can't help but feel it will be down to him being good value for money because I still can't see a need for him. People have touted that he can play wide but I can't see it, certainly not in a 4-4-2.

Banned
    Nah, he can't play wide, van Persie would be more suited out wide than Lewandowski.

If we did sign Lewandowski I think our formation would be something like this:

Valencia-RvP-Rooney
    ----Lewandowski

That would be lethal.

According to Bild, Lewandowski's transfer fee is €22m (18m). United have offered him a 5 year contract worth €25m.

A good deal for a guy who would probably be worth 30+ million if he had longer on his contract but I'm still not sure we need him. I'll be disappointed if we sign him and neglect the midfield.

This whole story stinks of an agent using Utd to get his client a new contract.

United have 4 international strikers why would we buy another one?

He's a good player but nothing about this deal makes any sense to me so I think it's an agent trying to get him the best possible contract he can at Dortmund and leaking stories to the press to push up the wages.

It's possible although personally I think there must be something behind it. We've were interested in him for most of last season and signing van Persie doesn't seem to have changed that. If it turns out to be true then it'll be a good signing but we'll still need to sign a midfielder, and possibly a winger and centre half depending on who stays and goes so I can't help but feel it would be an unnecessary investment in an area we're already incredibly strong.

I have felt for some time there are some issues between fergie and rooney. I would be not at all surprised if we sold rooney to finance a midfield player.Speedy is right though, there are other positions we need to strengthen.

raphael honigstein: Lewandowski to Man Utd story in Bild: obviously sourced from his agent. Hard to tell spin from truth, not 100% sure they really want him
    I'm going with this.

Would Lewandowski's agent be better off using a club that is in greater need of a forward: a Chelsea, Arsenal or City? Or is United's name simply the biggest?

I think it's probably because we may have enquired about him to Dortmund before we signed RvP.

No quotes but Fergie has apparently denied that we've a deal lined up for Lewandowski.

Banned
    He's obviously going to deny it.

That move would make more sense, probably the only thing Juve are missing is a regular goalscorer upfront. I doubt Lewandowski will go anywhere until the summer because he can't play in the CL for another club.

Lot of chatter suggesting Lewandowski will move to Bayern in the summer. Bit of a blow for Dortmund to lose a player to their big rival if true.

Dortmund have denied allowing Lewandowski permission to talk to other clubs according to Honigstein.

Banned
    Well they will deny it even if it was true.