[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Iker Muniain

Iker Muniain

Muniain looks an excellent prospect and still only 19. Technically sound, quick and links play well.

What's his transfer fee likely to be? I've read Madrid are interested which probably means we have little chance of signing him.

Would expect him to cost around 25 million but could easily see him staying at Athletic for a couple more seasons.

Proper talent. Doubt we have any chance getting him though.

Banned
    Madrid and Barca want him.

Seems Muniain was decent tonight. What position or positions did he play? Left midfield, number ten or midfield ()?

Ha yeah in fairness he did drop a lot deeper last night. That kind of game suited him, I was surprised by how open it was. He was excellent - Bilbao's only threat really. He was all over the pitch.

How's Muniain been performing this season?

Athletic v Barca is on tomorrow. Find out there. Athletic have struggled so far this season, that's all I know. Looking at stats it would seem he's struggled but the whole team is struggling so it's no surprise. Think it's time for him to move on. Would be great if Dave gave him a nudge this way.

Martin Ferguson was watching last night. Talk that he's been to see Bilbao a lot, i'm sure Muniain will be high up the list on players he's watching, can play left and central. We need a left winger, his versatility will come in handy too. Susaeta might be next on that list as a right winger, don't see him as a first choice like Muniain would be but would be good back up for Valencia.

Banned
    I was thinking, if we are after a young winger, y not Muniain? Bilbao r really struggling this season so he might want to leave.
    & they are also losing they top players, like Javi Martinez left for munich & Llornte (not sure how to spell it) looks juventus bound.

Because his release clause is around 35million and Athletic will not sell for less than that, and he's been pretty poor by the standards he set last season. Despite them doing poorly I doubt he wants to leave either, playing for Athletic is a big thing for the Basque. If Fergie is interested in him then we will probably make a move when his contract is closer to expiring but I'd expect him to stay in Spain if he did leave.

He's not been playing as a winger either this season or he wasn't earlier in the season anyway. I'd love us to get Muniain, not that simple though.

Pretty much what Speedy has posted, Cordon. We may have made enquiries, but he perhaps has no intention of leaving Bilbao or Spain. His contract expires in 2015, so we may wait until 2014 if all parties are interested in a move or perhaps this summer if Fergie really wants him.

Banned
    Goal are reporting that City are making a move for him & his in last year of his contract & will be available for around 15m

How has he been performing this season?