[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: West Ham United vs. Manchester United

West Ham United vs. Manchester United

vs.

FA Cup
    Saturday, 5 January 2013
    Upton Park
    Kick off: 17:15 UK time

Current Form

West Ham United

Manchester United

Last 5 Meetings

Gone for this:

Likes a transfer story
    We have to stick with De Gea In my opinion.

I agree, Cordon. I think de Gea will be given a breather on Saturday and he'll return against Liverpool.

Lindegaard should play cup games and CL group stage games. De Gea should play league and CL knockout games.

Hope Rooney and Nani are available for this, don't think both will start, maybe 1, Rooney hopefully, could do with him getting a game before Liverpool. It'd be interesting to see Kagawa out wide. I think Valencia needs a longer rest although he looked better in his last game.

I'm hoping to see Kagawa given a good deal of time in his preferred position. I have a feeling in my bones that we may see the return of Nani after what Fergie said the other day.

Also- Lethal Bizzle is performing pre kick-off... Should be DENCH

I'm knocking on now, so not up-to-date with youth slang. What does dench mean in real English?

Nani on the left with Kagawa in central position, Sam? My worry is midfield if Fletcher and Scholes start - we probably need to start with three in midfield if the case.

Likes a transfer story
    I forgot it was the FA cup, so yeah Lindegaard has the cup games.

I think Dench means good- It's moron slang, like YOLO.

I'd like Nani and Young either side and Kagawa behind Danny up top. But then again Fletch has only really been used in the diamond this season and he's almost certain to start. Maybe we'll see more of Powell?

Fergie on team news: "Wayne Rooney is still injured. I'm surprised, it's been longer than we thought it would be. He was meant to be back training but he's not. It's nothing serious but it looks like he's going to be out for another two weeks or so. Nani is expected to start training today, and Phil Jones is available against West Ham. Everyone else is OK I think. Rooney won't be fit for Liverpool. I don't think so. It's nothing serious, he just got clipped behind his knee. Nothing shows in the scan but he's still feeling it. Hopefully in two weeks it'll be sorted but nonetheless it's a loss."

Fergie on West Ham in the Cup: "We've had some really difficult ties over last three or four years. You hope first of all you're going to be at home in the draw, then you want a draw you can get through. But this is a particularly hard one, they're in good form and they're at home. Sam [Allardyce] has done great job there getting them promoted first of all. It's not easy to bounce right back but they've done well and their form has been very good. They've had some excellent results. So it's going to be a tough game. I don't think we'll make too many changes. I think we'll more or less play a strong team and hopefully we'll get through."

We will pick a strong team according to Fergie during this morning's press conference.

Lindegaard; Rafael, Vidic, Evans, Buttner; Valencia, Cleverley, Scholes, Young; Kagawa; van Persie.

That's my prediction. Only doubts I have is Anders/Dave, Raf/PJ, Scholes/Fletch. Hope Fergie sticks to resting Evra and Carrick.

Lindergaard, Jones, Vidic, Smalling, Buttner, Valencia, Fletcher, Cleverley, Giggs, Kagawa, Welbeck. Just my prediction, maybe Young instead of Valencia.

Score prediction?

2-1 United Welbeck and Vidic to score

I think we will win 2-1. I think it will be a tight match

Getting pre-match nerves already!

I am saving my nerves for next weekends game

Trying to not think about it until after tomorrow's game.

I only get nervous about a domestic cup match if it's a derby... Liverpool, Leeds, City. I'll be more nervous when we have to go to West Ham in the league. I'd like us to win the Cup this season as it's been a while but I won't be too upset if we don't. Just don't see it as big an importance anymore and I think that's been reflected by the team's we put out in it in the last 5+ years. Fergie says every year he wants to win it again, we'll see at 4PM how serious he's taking it.

Still not won it at this Wembley,we need to bring it home this year.

I would like us to win the FA Cup this season - it's about time we won the trophy again.

Team: de Gea; Smalling, Vidic, Evans, Buttner; Rafael, Scholes, Cleverley, Kagawa, Welbeck, Chicharito

Subs: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Valencia, Giggs, Young, van Persie, Macheda

Strong side

Rafael on the right wing, will be interesting if it is that. Welbeck on left with Kagawa in behind Hernandez I presume.