[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester United

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester United

vs.

Sunday, 20 January 2013
    Barclays Premier League
    White Hart Lane
    Kick Off: 16:00 UK time

Current Form

Tottenham Hotspur

Manchester United

Last 5 Meetings

Fergie on team news: "We've got a strong squad. Jonny Evans still isn't available. He's not 100 per cent. Other than that, we're not too bad. We gave a lot of players a game on Wednesday and I thought they did well."

Tottenham match: "We now have a hard game on Sunday and Spurs are in good form. We have a fantastic record at White Hart Lane. There's always a good atmosphere and we enjoy playing there. But we can't take anything for granted. We have to perform."

I hope we see the below team. Really excited by the potential of the movement, interchanging and linking between Rooney, Kagawa and Cleverley.

If it wasn't for Bale and the fact he's only just come back from injury, I think Nani would get the nod over Valencia but i'd prefer Valencia to help out defensively despite Rafael and Nani doing well vs Bale in the past. Nani looked a little slow, pace-wise on Wednesday, also 2 games in a few days is a lot to ask from someone just returning from a hamstring injury. Welbeck probably has a chance of playing on the right though, would be a selection that would make us more flexible... we could switch to the diamond if things weren't working with Kagawa moving back into midfield and Welbeck moving forward alongside van Persie. I'd expect Vidic to be available if it was just concussion, Fergie could be bluffing here though, Vidic was seen clutching his knee, looked in pain, he limped when leaving the field and the physio was looking at his knee. Hopefully it was just concussion but I won't be convinced until he plays on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by JSNFRMN_MUFC View Post
    If it wasn't for Bale and the fact he's only just come back from injury, I think Nani would get the nod over Valencia but i'd prefer Valencia to help out defensively despite Rafael and Nani doing well vs Bale in the past. Nani looked a little slow, pace-wise on Wednesday, also 2 games in a few days is a lot to ask from someone just returning from a hamstring injury. Welbeck probably has a chance of playing on the right though, would be a selection that would make us more flexible... we could switch to the diamond if things weren't working with Kagawa moving back into midfield and Welbeck moving forward alongside van Persie. I'd expect Vidic to be available if it was just concussion, Fergie could be bluffing here though, Vidic was seen clutching his knee, looked in pain, he limped when leaving the field and the physio was looking at his knee. Hopefully it was just concussion but I won't be convinced until he plays on Sunday.
    Not keen on the idea of Welbeck on the right or the use of a diamond formation against Spurs.

Valencia has underwhelmed and been very frustrating at times this season, but I personally don’t believe he has been as bad as what most think. You get what you see with Valencia and I think that will appeal to Fergie on Sunday.

A lack of cover in wide areas is the biggest drawback of the diamond formation. Spurs predominately attack from wide areas and they have the players to capitalise on the space. For me, a diamond formation would be risky against Spurs and play into their biggest strength.

I wonder if Rooney should/deserves to play. Like Nani, he's just come back and two games in a week might be pushing it, although I'm sure he's raring to go and he looked decent against West Ham. Having said that we didn't see Chico against Liverpool last weekend and he was really good in midweek so, unless we go with Kagawa behind RVP, I wonder if it should be the Little Pea and Van the Man up top

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Not keen on the idea of Welbeck on the right or the use of a diamond formation against Spurs.

Valencia has underwhelmed and been very frustrating at times this season, but I personally don’t believe he has been as bad as what most think. You get what you see with Valencia and I think that will appeal to Fergie on Sunday.

A lack of cover in wide areas is the biggest drawback of the diamond formation. Spurs predominately attack from wide areas and they have the players to capitalise on the space. For me, a diamond formation would be risky against Spurs and play into their biggest strength.
    I only suggested the diamond as an alternative if things weren't going well. Playing Welbeck would make us more flexible and his pace would be good to have on either flank against Lennon or Bale, also good for pressing defenders. Anyway, it was just a suggestion, was just stating that I thought he had a better chance of playing than Nani. I don't think it should happen, has to be Kagawa and Valencia.

Rooney should play for me, Chicha probably does deserve it more but Rooney would add more and we missed him a bit earlier in the season vs Spurs. I'd rather have Chicha on the bench. Wasn't that impressed by either Rooney or Chicha in midweek, they weren't poor by any means but apart from the goal they were both a bit quiet.

Sorry, I was discussing the suggestion rather than rubbishing it. I think we'll stick to 4-4-2ish if things are not going well for the stated reasons above and replace under performing players instead.

Apparently 5-10 minutes walk from White Hart Lane:

Spoiler

Decent pair of boots and that's no problem.

Banned
    Shouldn't be called off. Chelsea's game is going ahead and that's in London. Every Prem game has been played.

The issue is probably the surrounding areas and people travelling to the game. Spurs released a statement just over an hour ago stating the match was still on.

Another pitch inspection at 2.50, apparently not looking too good.

Here's a photo at 2:17 from the BBC:

Hmmm not looking good.

Pitch has got worse since then, snowing pretty heavily. Can't see it being on from the pictures I've seen.

Daniel Taylor lol:

United kitman Albert just walked off the Tottenham's pitch and said: 'No danger, let's get it fucking going.' That's the spirit!

Games on!

Great news!

Glad to hear

De Gea, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Jones, Cleverley, Kagawa, RVP, Welbeck

Bench: Lindegaard, Anderson, Valencia, Rooney, Giggs, Smalling, Hernandez.

Kagawa and Welbeck wide, 3 in the middle?

Looks like a diamond formation or Kagawa and Welbeck in wide areas.

Don't agree with either or permutation, but we'll see...

Would be a shock if we played a diamond when they have Bale and Lennon playing. Think Jones might be there to try and counter Dembele.

More of a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation?