[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Manchester United vs. West Bromwich Albion

Manchester United vs. West Bromwich Albion

vs.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday, 29 December 2012
    Old Trafford
    Kick off: 15:00 UK time

Current Form

Manchester United

West Bromwich Albion

Last 5 Meetings

Fergie: "I can't give you an update on the injuries as it's only two days on from Wednesday and there were issues with a soft, tiring pitch," Sir Alex said at his press conference. "We need to assess players like Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs as I think, at their age, it took a lot out of them.

"We're hoping maybe Young will be ready and Daniel Welbeck should be ready. He was ill on Tuesday night but I think he should be okay. At least that's a couple of bodies back fresh for us. We'll just assess the rest in terms of tiredness.

"All the players are key now as we're picking up one or two injuries. Rooney is out for at least another two games. He was a bit better yesterday. We're going to assess Phil Jones but I don't think he'll be ready."

Hoping De Gea remains in goal. No news on Rafael and Jones probably still out so assume Smalling will continue. Vidic in for Rio at the back I think, Evans should stay. I'd leave Valencia out but it depends on who's available to come in, if Young and Welbeck are fit bring them in on the wings for Giggs and Valencia, if Kagawa's good to start i'd put him on the left and move Welbeck upfront with van Persie. Midfield I can see Carrick possibly being rested for Fletcher and Cleverley coming in for Scholes. I'd like to see Powell on the bench for this one, although it would seem he is injured after Tunnicliffe was on the bench ahead of him the other day.

I cannot imagine a midfield without Carrick at the moment.

I wouldn't be happy if we left out Carrick for Fletch, West Brom aren't going to be a walkover and Fletcher has been a shadow of his former self so far.

I'd rather leave him out at home than away at Wigan on NYD, that was my thinking. Preferably he'd play both. He'll need a rest soon though I feel.

I think carrick will need a rest. The Conditions during the Newcastle game would have been very taxing

He covered the most ground during the game too. Hope he plays, unsure whether he will. Fletcher while he hasn't looked great hasn't played much recently so perhaps "fresh but unsharp", he was poor in his few minutes on the Saturday, played 2 passes; 1 went out of play despite him only being 2 yards away from the touchline and the other went to a Newcastle player. We'll see.

The Carrick scenario is a real quandary. He needs a rest, but we need him as we are short of options plus he's our best midfielder. This situation is a reason why I wanted us to sign a young understudy in the summer. Hopefully we start strongly, get a comfortable lead then replace him early.

I've gone with Carrick in my final prediction. Think Valencia will play too, which while I think it'd be better to rest him, i'd like to see Welbeck get a go upfront with van Persie.

We need Carrick. We are very weak in midfield without him. Resting him would be nice but unfortunately I dont feel that is an option at the moment.

There is a pitch inspection at 1.15 due to heavy rainfall.

Game is on.

De Gea; Smalling, Evans, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Young; Kagawa, Welbeck.

Bench: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Giggs, Hernandez, van Persie, Scholes, Buttner.

Big game for Welbeck, hopefully he can impress.

Gonna be tough for Welbeck and Kagawa with them not playing a lot recently. Hope they do well. Neither had much of a chance to play in their favoured positions this season. I don't think Welbeck has lead the line like last season at all this season, when he's played upfront he's been behind Hernandez.

Great to see Fergie's stck with De Gea too.

One nil. mcCauley own goal. Any one watching match?

Valencia has about 5 failed crosses already

Quote Originally Posted by se7en View Post
    Valencia has about 5 failed crosses already
    Ha ha

How are we playing se7en?

Some very good play, between Cleverley and Kagawa especially. Defence is looking better, Valencia is still shit. Cleverley MOTM so far

I was not feeling comfortable win ten minutes left with the score being what it was. Great sigh of relief when Van Persie scored

A win and a clean sheet!!!

Talk about the game here: http://www.stretfordendarising.com/forum/f6/

I thought we looked fairly solid, a few problems at right back but when Rafael is back that back four should do a good job for us.