[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U21s: Aston Villa vs. Manchester United

On Loan
    I never really understood the Bebe signing. Fergie is normally quite Conservative in the transfer market, how often have we heard him say he wants value for money. Then he goes and spends 7 million on Bebe without seeing him.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Powell's played okayish. Quiet first half, much like the rest of the team with the exception of Tunnicliffe, but he's been more involved in the second. He's played in central areas in the second. We're playing a lot better this half.

On Loan
    Much better second half.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Fornasier replaces Bebe.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Petrucci drags an effort just wide.

On Loan
    Goal

Moderator SEA Icon
    2-0 United, good finish from Macheda after Petrucci slipped him the pass.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Veseli replaces Powell.

Moderator SEA Icon
    2-0 United full time score.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Good ball and finish from Petrucci and Macheda. Well done to the lads and Joyce.

Elite group: United, Liverpool, Wolves, Spurs, West Ham, Arsenal, West Brom, and one of Chelsea/Southampton/Aston Villa.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Wow just found out that United are the only club whose U21s and U18s have both qualified for the Elite stage. Chelsea can join us in this though.

New Contract
    I thought Marnick Vermijl was very impressive last night. Composed on the ball, good change of pace and solid defensively.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by lomaxgr View Post
    I thought Marnick Vermijl was very impressive last night. Composed on the ball, good change of pace and solid defensively.
    Thought the same. He played well.

Moderator SEA Icon
    He's always good. I don't recall ever seeing him play bad, even for the first team, he was solid without being spectacular.

New Contract
    I am certainly not writing anyone off, but did anyone else look at this game thinking, "who is ever going to be a 'United player' from this lot?"

Powell has a fantastic chance. I am a big fan of Tom Thorpe, Vermijl could in my opinion and Larnell Cole shows at times he can be. Apart from that, I personally don't see the rest ever cementing a place at the club. Again, I know it is wayyyyy too early to write them off, but that is just my opinion.

I am not anywhere near as high on Tunnicliffe as most United fans. I don't think he has the quick 'mental speed' to play CM as a United player. Petrucci floats in and out of games which won't cut it in the Premier League, Macheda doesn't have the football intelligence, Bebe is useless for 89 minutes of a game, Wootton is too slow in my opinion (and not good enough technically to compensate) and Buttner I haven't seen enough of.

I suppose quarter of the team isn't that bad of a group actually!

Moderator SEA Icon
    That's been the same with nearly every Reserves group, there have been some players at this level who have looked like certs to make it and not. 1 or 2 coming through from every group of players will do, it's not a lot but it's more than other top teams. Lets not forget that the 2 Keanes and Lingard were missing from that team the other night and I think they have very good chances along with Powell.

I like Vermijl but I don't think he'll make it. Same with Tunnicliffe and Petrucci. Larnell Cole struggled with injuries at the end of last season and hasn't looked as good since, can hopefully turn things around as he's excellent technically. I'm not sure Thorpe will make it although I think he's very good, just not sure he has the height to play CB and I don't think he has the talent to play in CM for United.

Pogba never looked outstanding at this level but we knew he had the talent and he showed more when playing 10-15 mins for the first team. That's when we can really judge these players.

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Problem is with reserve football is that none of the players are really tested and pushed to their limit and I think the players themselves get a bit downbeat by it. Wootton looks far better with the first team where players have to up their game and are more motivated.Can't see Thorpe making it and vermijl is the next de laet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12