[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Tyler Blackett

Tyler Blackett

Tyler Blackett thread.

Some decent runs down the left

Blackett started off as a CB though, but against Southampton he looked clueless when playing CB, bad positioning

Thought Blackett was excellent tonight, capped it off with a piledriver too.

Will be interesting to see how he does. He's looked very promising for the under 18's so far.

Very excited by Blackett's potential. He's technically sound, strong and quick. His positional awareness and concentration are weaker points but these will obviously improve with experience.

Really like Blackett too. Has a real steel and determination about him, very purposeful in his dashes out of defense.

Don't think he's ready to be involved with the first team but an impressive cameo from him tonight. Certainly got the potential to make it.

Yeah, I agree with that. He occasionally looked a young player tonight. Still, more experience in the bank.

He's only played U18s football so far, it's a big step up, massive step up, it's a big jump from Reserves to first team too. Think that has to be taken into consideration when judging the youngsters tonight. However, quality of opposition wasn't great.

Came across an article about him from a few years ago, did he really used to be a striker?

Also he looks like Anthony Mackie.

Banned
    I haven't seen him play all year

Hasn't played U21s for a while, October I think was his last appearance. I assume this is down to an injury but i'm not sure, not heard anything about an injury. Would be odd for him not to at least make the bench since then. He has made 7 appearances for the U21s out of a possible 16.

Blackett's probably been involved the most for the U21s out of the U18s that moved up to U21s in the summer. Lawrence, McCullough, Ekangamene + others have all struggled for games. Expect all 4 and a few others to be more involved from now on with the older players going out on loan or leaving permanently.

Blackett played 67 mins for England U19s tonight in a 3-1 win over. He wore the #7 shirt and played as a holding midfielder apparently. Noel Blake is weird. Heard the pitch wasn't great either. Youth internationals/friendlies are pointless when played on poor pitches, this is another reason why England is failing at developing technically gifted players. The pitch in the U21s game was poor too.

Holding midfielder? That seems odd. Wonder what the reasoning was for selecting him in the position

Some are saying he played on the right wing. Noel Blake the coach sounds a bit of an idiot to be honest. I wouldn't take too much notice of what he does.