[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Tunnicliffe

800 fine too.

Key line...
    The court heard Tunnicliffe gave a breath sample of 62 micrograms at 2pm after drinking the night before.
    He was still over the limit from the night before, easy mistake to make on Tunnicliffe's part. I'm sure a lot of people drive the next day without thinking they could still be over the limit from the night before. Must have been mashed to be still over the limit at 2pm the next day though.

Still almost twice the limit at 2pm the next day, bleeding hell.

The artist formly known as Geoff and Mike33
    Quote Originally Posted by JSNFRMN_MUFC View Post
    800 fine too.

Key line...

He was still over the limit from the night before, easy mistake to make on Tunnicliffe's part. I'm sure a lot of people drive the next day without thinking they could still be over the limit from the night before. Must have been mashed to be still over the limit at 2pm the next day though.
    Absolutely.

A lot of people have done daft stuff the next day after having a few the night before, believe me. You're still effectively drunk the next day.

It was a stupid thing for him to have done, everybody makes mistakes- some bigger than others.

Events like this always put question marks over a player's future. A player who drinks so much on a night out at 19 years old when he is settlng in to a career cannot be suuficiently focussed. We have all done it, but then we are not all in professions where exceptional athleticism is required and 100% dedication. There are always exceptions that prove the rule, but I do not see Tunniclffe as being one of them. Tunniclffe will have to work hard at his football and does not have enough skill in reserve to lose his edge. He is very determined, but he needs to work hard on his technical ability. He wil not improve the latter through the haze of a hangover. I think his prospects have dimmed.

The artist formly known as Geoff and Mike33
    From what i've seen of Tunnicliffe he's a decent player, but i can never understand why younger players decide to put their careers in jeopardy? Be it boozing or whatever.

For me it's always been a case of younger players making quite good money and some thinking they've made it when they haven't. They think they can do what they want, women, booze etc. That behaviour makes you look like a spoilt brat and an idiot.

Tunnicliffe has done himself some real damage because Fergie will have noted it, and the kids gone right down the pecking order. Stupid behaviour doesn't enchance your career.

Thought he did well when he came on. Worked hard, got stuck in and played the pass that won the penalty at the end. Think Fergie showed that despite his drink driving charge he still has a lot of faith in him.

I was disappointed by Tunnicliffe's showing. I thought he looked of the pace, his passing was poor. Am I being unfair?

A little bit in my opinion. I though he did pretty well, he wasn't perfect but he offered some legs when we needed them.

His passing was poor, he got caught in possession more than once and Hazard turned him inside out. He has a long way to go before he will be in the starting line up in the Premiership. He may get into the shop window, as did Darren Gibson, with a view to a sale.

I think a loan move is likely in January rather than him being sold. He needs a good loan move now.

Like other players reserve football isn't good enough for him he's never tested there and it's an almighty step up playing against the likes of Hazard. He did alright for me.

He's 19, of course he has a long way to go before he'll be starting Premier League games for us. As se7en says playing against Hazard, Mata, Oscar etc is a massive step up. Personally think he did well but will need a loan now we're out, same goes for Lingard, King and a few others.

I still maintain he was fairly poor last night and agree with Tallboy's assessment of his performance. I think he's a limited footballer and could struggle to have a career here. That opinion is not based on last night, it's one I've held for a while. I would love to be proven wrong.

I would agree with that. I don't think he's good enough on the ball to make it here, Gibson was a better technician and he didn't make it. That said Fergie must rate him to bring him on last night ahead of Lingard and Brady considering what has happened off the pitch recently.

Great experience for him. Think it's great that while Chelsea were bringing first team regulars on, we were bringing youngsters on who have not played much first team football. That was the difference the other night really, inexperience, Gary Cahill has probably played made more first team appearances than our entire back 5, Luiz too probably. Big step up for all the youngsters, they'll have learnt a lot, probably learnt more having lost too, mistakes may have been swept under the carpet had we won. It was a real learning curve.

He takes way too many touches for a player in his position. He wants to be a ball carrier who drives the ball, but he isn't technically or athletically gifted enough to be that player at the top level. He needs develop his game to be a 5-10 yard passer and someone who breaks up the play in front of his back 4, ala Claude Makelele/Keano (to an extent). There is no shame in knowing your limits, even as a United player.

Surprised Reading are interested, not sure he's ready for the Prem. I think Burnley or Wolves would be better for him out of the Championship clubs. I like him, like the style of footballer he is but I don't think he'll make it at United. We'll see how he does when he goes on loan, get a better judgement then.

Needs it. Like his style. One of my favourite young players. Ability on the ball is not good enough right now though. Needs to improve.