[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Davide Petrucci

Yeah think so. Can't see him getting any first team opportunities for a while.

I think as soon as we go out of the league cup where he probably will get a game in the next round he'll go on loan but the club will want someone who will actually use him no point in him just going and sitting on the bench at another club.

If he didn't get in the squad for Newcastle at home I can't see him being involved away at Chelsea. Seems to me Lingard, Tunnicliffe and Powell are all ahead of him in the pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    If he didn't get in the squad for Newcastle at home I can't see him being involved away at Chelsea. Seems to me Lingard, Tunnicliffe and Powell are all ahead of him in the pecking order.
    I think the Rooney return probably didn't help him as normally he'd be watching from the stands for that game plus he had a bust up with Nani in training might have made it more difficult as we don't know and will never know the full extent of what happened there and who was to blame the fact the club didn't deny it suggests something happened.

His problem is his position is currently occupied by Kagawa/Rooney you then have players like Cleverley/Powell who may also be suited to it and the fact that he hasn't actually played a competitive game in England. Powell might be younger but he's had a season in league 2 which is much more competitive than the reserve teams games Petrucci plays.

Petrucci obviously trains with the first team on a regular basis so it might just be a case that when stepping up a level he just doesn't stand out as he has less time to pick out those killer passes to play the way he does in the premier league you have to be able to do it at break neck speed.

A loan would be great for him but it needs to be the right club who will play him and develop him like Leicester/Watford did for Cleverley as you only have to look at the loans that Macheda had to Sampdoria/QPR to see how they can work against a player.

Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson is sending Davide Petrucci and Scott Wootton on loan to help son Darren at Peterborough - Mirror Online

Great for Petrucci in particular. Will be interesting to see how he does at this level having never played first team football (?).

Yeah it will be intriguing to see how he gets on. Whether he has a long term future at United or not he's still a very talented player.

Petrucci badly needs a loan move and first team football. The Mirror article seems to suggest he will leave in the summer.

Not really seen any of Petrucci, but heard he's a talented kid. Hope he and Wootton see some game time at London Road

I like Petrucci but I fear his time might have passed at United. He had a couple of long term injuries early in his time here which really halted his progress. I would have liked to have seen him given some sort of chance and maybe his loan period will give him that.

Very talented, would perhaps have been better but for the 2 injuries that kept him out for 18 months. If a bid came in next summer, I can see us accepting. It's incredibly hard to breakthrough, I would like to see Fergie have a bit more trust in the more talented young players when it comes to the League Cup but he knows what he's doing, i'm sure he has his reasons.

Great free-kick, but cant see where his future lies, especially as he is playing at U21 level as an over-age player

Put him in the first team, can't get much worse in the middle.