[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Davide Petrucci

Great news if true. Should go on pre-season tour.

He was immense against Newcastle - seemed to have the time and space to do what he wanted

Manchester United, rinnova il giovane Davide Petrucci *|*Calcio News 24

As revealed by the editors of "Sky Sports" during the program "Special Cup", the young Italian talent of Manchester United, David Petrucci, born in '91, he signed a three-year renewal with the English side. The boy was sought from Rome, Genoa and Inter, but at this point will not arrive in Italy.

He deserved a new contract after some of his performances in the reserves. Probably go out on loan next season?

I'd say that's likely. Says a lot that those 3 clubs were interested, would be idiotic to not give him another few years. Expect a lot of new contracts over the next few weeks. Surprised there hasn't been more already, suppose players been on holiday and playing friendlies though. One of the U18s posted a picture of them training today, there'll be stuff going on over the next week I think.

Pleased for him. I have my doubts, but I hope he proves me wrong. I'd like to see him deeper in a Scholes type role.

He's not bad defensively, I think his best role is in behind the striker certainly if he's to make the step up. Could mature into a proper CM though like Scholes who started off further forward. We'll see what happens.

Wouldn't surprise me if Petrucci was sold next summer. We have put youngsters on 2 or 3 year contracts in the past to get a bit of money for them down the line. I'm sure he will go out on loan next season and the success of that loan will probably decide his fate.

What impact will the arrival of Powell have on Petrucci?

I also wouldn't be surprised, would be stupid to let him go right now though, deserves an extra few years too having missed 2 years with a bad injury. Terrible luck.

Hard to say what impact signing Powell will have on Petrucci, we don't know much about the lad yet. Losing Morrison and Pogba also means it doesn't really push Petrucci down the pecking order.

Very impressive cameo from him. Much like Lingard but didn't have as much time on the pitch. Even had the balls to have a go at Berba which is good to see from youngsters. Hope to see more of him on Saturday.

Thought Petrucci did okay, nothing more nothing less for me. Unlucky with effort that hit crossbar. Hope to see more of him during your.

Very impressive again, certainly doesn't look out of place in the first team like many of the youngsters on tour, we'll see how they do against better opposition.

Two excellent passes, but expected better after reading positive comments from several sources. The first half was pretty dire and thought no one was particularly impressive to be honest. Petrucci did okay.

No Petrucci for the U21s. A loan move likely?

Apparently the reserves have a game tomorrow as well so could be playing in that.

I forgot he got injured in last week's game. Could be because of that he didn't play. We'll see tomorrow if he plays.

Banned
    Might be on the bench for saturday, no one thought of that.

Petrucci on the bench is unlikely. We have several attacking options that are ahead of Petrucci.

Is tonight's reserve game a friendly? I would have thought the captain of the team would be involved last night's competitive game? At 21 I assume he's not considered one of the older age players - if he is considered over age it may explain his absence with Fergie wanting game time for Evans, Buttner and Fletcher. Injury is probably the answer.

Just a friendly I think. It's on now. Behind closed doors so no updates.

Think we might see him in league cup matches but in his position we have Rooney & Kagawa plus the likes of Welbeck/Cleverley/Anderson would all probably fill in before he got a chance.

The club clearly rate him as they've offered him a new contract in the summer now his injuries look like they might behind him could see him possibly going out on loan to the championship to get some game time.

Time for a loan move for Petrucci?