[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Davide Petrucci

Moderator On the Bench

Davide Petrucci

When he arrived from Roma there was all sorts of talk about him being the next Totti and the next best thing in Italian football but he has gone off the radar a bit and I haven't heard him mentioned in a while. I know he had a long lay off with injury last season but I haven't heard anything since. Has anyone any info on him ?

Moderator On the Bench
    Haven't seen a great deal either. He seemed to be going very well up until his injury but I haven't heard anything since. Do you know if he's still carrying that injury ? Do you reckon he can make it into the first team this season ?

Moderator SEA Icon
    All about finding the right team for him, not many Championship teams require a playmaker and if they do, they probably have one already.

Hot Prospect

Re: What ever happened to Davide Petrucci ?

I think he had a lot of trouble with growing pains and had other injuries stem from there. He's been on the sidelines for a hell of a long time though, it'll take him some time to get his game back. He's obviously a talent though, Roma wouldn't have called him Totti's heir for nothing

Moderator SEA Icon
    9 months he's been out for I believe. Pogba was out for a while and came back like he'd never been away. Hopefully Petrucci will be the same.

Reserve Team
    I thought Petrucci was out for longer than that? almost 14 months??
    he's back in full training it, seems he had growing pains, terrible pain around the groin area as per Twitter.. tht's gotta hurt!!

Moderator On the Bench
    I meant to put this thread in the Reserve section but anyway.. Petrucci looks like he is getting back to full fitness and from the cameos I've seen since his comeback he looks like an excellent player. Plays a lot like Morrison actually. He has great vision and a good shot too from the looks of things. Hopefully that's the end of his injury problems because he's a very good prospect

Moderator SEA Icon
    Still not seen much of Petrucci.

Reserve Team
    Heard he's been very impressive since his return?!

Moderator SEA Icon
    Yeah, still not seen a lot of him, but just watched Reserves highlights of the 2-2 draw with Sunderland, he came on and looked very impressive, unlucky not to get a goal and went into a 50/50 with the GK with no fear. Some great touches too. And one great shot at goal, reminded me of Scholes, so powerful.

Reserve Team
    Seems he was brilliant against West Ham reserves after he came on in the 60th minute. nice to see him getting back to his best!

Moderator SEA Icon
    Here's another lad... do we really need a creative midfielder? A bossman is what we need in midfield.

Reserve Team
    Parker and Fletcher on rotation would be a good combo, I think Fletch's lack of form could be also down to too much football over the past 3 seasons? Hasn't he been playing in majority of our games? (well expect for the last few months).

And we do need someone like Petrucci, he's capable of picking out passes like Scholesy, we need someone like that once Scholesy retires. Tunnicliffe and Pogba are players who can boss the midfield!

Moderator SEA Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by g@mb!t View Post
    Parker and Fletcher on rotation would be a good combo, I think Fletch's lack of form could be also down to too much football over the past 3 seasons? Hasn't he been playing in majority of our games? (well expect for the last few months).

And we do need someone like Petrucci, he's capable of picking out passes like Scholesy, we need someone like that once Scholesy retires. Tunnicliffe and Pogba are players who can boss the midfield!
    Yes but i'm talking about now... none of those will be ready next season which is why Parker might be a good alternative to the likes if we can't get a De Rossi or Schweinsteiger. Depends how much Parker would cost though too.

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Parker can stay at West Ham

Moderator SEA Icon

Reserve Team
    Anyone think he might make the bench this weekend against Blackpool?

I'm pretty sure we'll see some youngsters on the bench. maybe one or two from Brady, Drinkwater, Petrucci, De Laet, Ajose, Matty James??

Moderator SEA Icon
    Was in the squad for the game today. Brilliant to see, fully deserved, hopefully on the bench on Thurs.

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    He deserves a to be involved with the first team more maybe not now but next season unless he goes on loan really impressive displays.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Star of the show again. Will hopefully go to Bilbao even if it's just to sit on the bench. Experience will be good.

jsp
    Academy Youngster
    Contract is up in the summer you'd hope if he stays fit to the end of the season he'll get a new deal and start getting a look in with the first team.

It's a hell of a step from the reserves to our first team though have to admit I've not seen the reserves this season so can't really say how good he is but almost every game he gets rave reviews.

Moderator On the Bench
    Yeah it is a massive step up. Didn't see tonight's game but his performaces in general when I've watched have been very good. That said though Eikrem and even Norwood at the back end of last season were just as good for the reserves and neither have or will make it at United. I'd like to see Petrucci given a chance though considering the work he's put in.

Moderator On the Bench
    Good interview, pity others around him *Pogba don't have the same attitude.

Moderator SEA Icon
    The Mirror say United are to offer Petrucci a new three year contract.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast