[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Cleverley | Match Performance Thread

Quiet first half along with Welbeck but in the second half Spurs couldnt handle the pace and movement. Was always looking to win the ball back and play it quickly. Fantastic assist.

Good to hear this, didn't see much of him as he went off but he looked full of energy. The front 6 looks fucking brilliant together going forward.

Him and Anderson are keeping up their great partnership, unlucky not score on one occasion.

Bossed Ramsey out of the game... Looks more and more similar to Scholesy by the game

He's been combining well with Ando in midfield, but there have been gaps at the back when they both get forwrd but once they gt used to playing together that shouldn't be a problem. Cleverley's continuous movement with or without the ball is refreshing to see in midfield, he's a busy player and makes it very hard to man-mark also. Will improve a lot more and we'll be seeing a lot more of him this season. But i think in big games Sir Alex might drop him and bring in Fletcher and Carrick and go for a 3 man midfield?

Kevin Davies is still a dirty fecker then. Gutted for Tom. Hope it's not too serious.

Edit: Fergie - "Looks like a broken bone. We'll have to wait and see."

I hope he isn't out for too long.

Who's A Clever Boy Then?

By Mark Young..........
    Great read btw.

Cleverley: "Got the scan tomorrow, thanks for the comments! so angry right now, want everyone to know I got no apology from kevin davies! season could be over and received no apology."

Had the same expression as the bolton kid when i read Tom's post

i was fuming after i saw the tackle, and was even more furious when i saw owen coyle come out protesting that Tom made a meal of it!! Davies is a fucking ****!

dissapointing to have both of our top youngsters out injured!! Hopefully like Welbeck, Clev's injury isn't as bad as we initially thought!

There has been an overreaction to Davies' tackle. It was a tough tackle for sure, not two footed or studs showing, Davies catches Cleverley with his trailing foot. It's just unfortunate Cleverley has broken his foot. United legends Keane and Scholes have both made equally or worse tackles than Davies' tackle on Cleverley.

Davies' tackle on Evra was worse and MotD didn't even pick up on it, Shearer decided to say "not a malicious player" which is bollocks because he's been at it for years.

Yes definitely, the tackle on Evra was worse.

Very clumsy on Cleverley but to get away with that challenge on Evra was ridiculous, I can only assume he wouldn't have gotten away with it had it not been for the score.

Should be back for Liverpool.

Great news. I'd say Fletcher will have a few games under his belt by that time so there will be healthy competition in the middle when he returns

Indeed, also possible I think with 3 games a week that Jones may even get a game (if needed) in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by JSNFRMN_MUFC View Post
    Indeed, also possible I think with 3 games a week that Jones may even get a game (if needed) in midfield.
    That wouldnt be until we're secure with fit defenders!

But seriously I think Carrick and Fletcher will cover for him with ease.no worries at all for me.

Glad that Cleverley will be back soon!! Who would you go for alongside Anderson for the Chelsea game?
    Fletcher/Carrick/Giggs?

Carrick for sure. Bolton was another in a string of games where Anderson and Carrick have clicked.

AndyMitten: Just interviewed Tom Cleverley. Davies called to apologise Sat night. And TC didn't make those quotes attributed to him on Facebook.

Social media at its finest once again, I see. Caused a storm out of a teacup.