[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Cleverley | Match Performance Thread

I guess we'll never know unless we give him a chance. He went to Watford and stood out. He went to Wigan and did well. If he plays for us and plays to our level. He'll be better than spending however many million on a player.

Watched the Barca game last night, he was very impressive, looked completely at home. His time has come and he's ready just when we need him to be ready. Same goes for Welbeck.

It's true. We'll never find out until he's given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by worriedturkey View Post
    It's time we started giving the lad his head ....if he's good enough he's old enough as 'Sir Matt' used to say , and it still stands nowadays....bringing trough players like young Cleverley and letting him play with good players will bring him on leaps and bounds and in the long run save United in the region of 70 mill...What would you rather have a 'reluctant Sneijder' or someone young potentially as good as and will run through brick walls for United....oh i know 'you don't win out with kids...lol'
    What? How is Sneijder 'reluctant'?

I kind of agree. He hasn't shown whether he wants to or not. Not a bad move on his part, especially if the transfer doesn't go through. That way, he hasn't risked upsetting Inter fans.

Exactly. Can you imagine the furore if he starts pining for a move in the media, saying he hates Milan and can't wait to get to Manchester. Then he has to stay....

Cough* a'la Ronaldo *cough. Half hearted perfomances for a season until he gets his move. Be interesting to watch the Balotelli scenario unfold. He doesn't know he's born that lad.

Carried on where he left off against Barca defended attacked created he done everything him and Anderson play great together.

Sneijder who

Very impressive. So comfortable on the ball, passed the ball around well, tracked back and worked his socks off, linked up well in attack especially with Welbeck, a double act which is continuing to impress. The future is well and truly bright.

Before the game, would anyone have put money on a CM pairing of Cleverley and Ando outplaying a very muscular City midfield of De Jong and Yaya Toure? Forget about pre-season friendlies, though last night was just one of them as well, it certainly was played like a competitive fixture and our Cleverley in particular showed that he is ready for the big time. He may suffer a dip in the second-half of the season or in his second season, which is expected, but he showed enough last night that he really is the real deal. There is a star quality in him which marks him out for the big time. In terms of playing style, his short and tidy passing game and his ability to appear at the edge of the penalty box reminds me of Scholes; all he has to do is to improve on his longer range passing and shooting ability.

England call for Cleverley

Skysports.com understands Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley has been called up to the England squad for Wednesday's friendly against Holland.
    Cleverley is back at United after spending last season on loan at Wigan Athletic and he impressed as a second-half substitute in Sunday's Community Shield win over Manchester City.
    The youngster has previously represented England's Under 21s, but has been drafted into the senior squad for the first time by coach Fabio Capello.

More to follow...

Can only be good for his confidence. Hope he gains from the experience. United > England

Nice music......(borat voice) Not!

Always the same with youtube football videos.

Cleverley was impressive yesterday, he's fantastic on the ball. No doubt about it.

Will never get sick of seeing the replay of our second goal. It's been a while since we are able to score goals like that.

In the video above, see 4:38, who does that remind you of?

Quote Originally Posted by metatron06 View Post
    Will never get sick of seeing the replay of our second goal. It's been a while since we are able to score goals like that.

In the video above, see 4:38, who does that remind you of?
    Scholes?

Gutted for Tom that the game is off but it's the right decision to call it off. He'll get other chances if he continues to play like he did on Sunday.

That was a good read. I have high hopes for Cleverley. I don't expect him to burst into the team from nowhere and be our answer but I do hope he can stake a claim over the next season or two. He has so much enthusiasm and has a lot of capabilities for a footballer of smaller stature. His pass and go game is great and the same has to be said about his vision when passing.

I would love to see more of him this season.

I can see him have a Hernandez type season, where he starts out more as a sub but he'll impress so much when he gets chances that Fergie will have no choice but to play him. Not saying he'll have as much effect as Hernandez did but his season will be very similar to that of Chicha's last season.

That would be great if that happened. I really rate Cleverley. Same with a few other fringe players and youth players.

I too am a big fan of Cleverley, I remember going down to Vicarage Road with my mate who's a Watford fan to watch them play Preston when he was on loan there in 09/10. It was clear after the first 5 minutes he was the best player on the pitch and he scored in that game too and Watford won 2-0.

I just hope he's given a real chance in the first team this season not just a handful of carling cup games I get the feeling Fergie's still not 100% convinced over him