[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Shinji Kagawa | Match Performance Thread

I also think it will be a reverse 2nd season syndrome with Shinji.

As said above, Silva talk a season to adapt. Stamina might be a problem for him too, looked tired in 2nd half today but maybe it's just cause he's not played much. Don't think he played many full games at start of the season either though.

Stamina is a valid point. I think the physical nature of the Premier League and stamina are related. The bumps and bruises will take their toll throughout the course of a season. As you suggest Jason, he's only completed 90 minutes on a handful of occasions this season. Was this the same at Dortmund? I think Fergie is looking after him.

While he'll take time to adapt and get to grips with the more physical and energy draining environment of the Premier League, plus he's had a lengthy injury, Kagawa has shown several flashes of why Fergie's brought him in. He's never afraid to have the ball and I believe he is going to be a top buy for us. Everything about him tells me he's made for United. He's just coming back from injury. Against West Brom you could definitely tell he was rusty. He still was a bit yesterday, and tired in the second half, but I noticed him already doing a lot more against Liverpool, like getting about the pitch, and even challenging for a few headers. Can't wait to see him in full flow

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_the_Hack View Post
    While he'll take time to adapt and get to grips with the more physical and energy draining environment of the Premier League, plus he's had a lengthy injury, Kagawa has shown several flashes of why Fergie's brought him in. He's never afraid to have the ball and I believe he is going to be a top buy for us. Everything about him tells me he's made for United. He's just coming back from injury. Against West Brom you could definitely tell he was rusty. He still was a bit yesterday, and tired in the second half, but I noticed him already doing a lot more against Liverpool, like getting about the pitch, and even challenging for a few headers. Can't wait to see him in full flow
    Yep, me too. I really like the idea of him on the left, drifting into central areas and linking with Rooney and Cleverley. A front six of Carrick, Cleverley, Rooney, Kagawa, an inform Nani and van Persie is very exciting.

Very good today. Possibly his best game for us.

Yeah I thought he did well today. Quick decisive passing at times

Was gonna say it was his best game since arriving. We missed him and Cleverley when they went off. Rooney and Valencia didn't add anything.

Disagree about Rooney, thought he was alright considering he has just returned from injury. Valencia less so, but he was only the pitch for 15 minutes.

Kagawa looks like he is settling in now. Looked great.

Would have settled a while back but for injury. Understandable he can't complete a game after so long out, would like to see improvements soon though. Cleverley too.

I'm really excited by the Welbeck, Cleverley, Kagawa partnership. They look fantastic together already and are only going to get better.

Shinji:
    I'm really feeling that I need to perform better. I'm not satisfied with what I have done here at all. I need to overcome lots of pressures and be mentally stronger.
    What have we thought of Shinji's start to his United career?

Baring in mind he spent a while out injured. I think he's done well. Expect more in time though.

Banned
    I think his looked good.

Done pretty given injury setbacks and adjusting to New life/club. He's also been played slightly out of position too at times. Good that he wants to improve.

Hoping Kagawa starts tonight. I enjoy watching him play. He's coming along nicely, without setting the world on fire, but his talent and potential are obvious. I think he will grow into a top class player for us.

Joy to watch in the first half - his best 45 minutes for us. Classy pass for Rooney's first goal. Struggled in the second half but so did the rest of the team.

Think he coped best with Southampton's pressing. Seems to excel in tight situations and manages to get out of it into space. So intelligent. Stamina still lacking.

Banned
    His assist was world class

The 360 turn in the second half was brilliant. Tight control at its best.

Loved his ball into Rooney for his first last night. Truly sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    The 360 turn in the second half was brilliant. Tight control at its best.
    I love it when he does those. So class.

Kagawa's assists v Latvia:

Excellent bits of play

Love that 2nd one.