[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shinji Kagawa | Match Performance Thread

Shinji Kagawa | Match Performance Thread

Manchester United agree Shinji Kagawa deal - Official Manchester United Website

Pending medical and work permit, which should be a formality.

Excited by the arrival of Kagawa. I've only watched YouTube videos of him, which I know can dangerous to judge a player (they can make Phil Neville look like Maldini), but his qualities will add/bring something extra to the team.

Early business, that's good. I also haven't seen much of him, so I can't really say what I think of the transfer. Talking with other United fans I know he is highly thought of.

Fee hasn't been disclosed, but is reportedly 14m. So say Sky Sports News anyway.

Delighted we can now talk about him as our player. Really looking forward to seeing him play in red. Think he'll give his all and hopefully he'll fit straight in. Pre Season here we come.

Kagawa heads to Man United - Soccerway

The Bundesliga is a tad more popular in the Philippines because of Filipino players playing in that league. This is the reason its more available for watching locally than the Premiership, which requires cable (Here, you can only watch the Premiership on ESPN and Star Sports while the Bundesliga is available on free TV. Luckily, our house has cable).

Having said that, I feel I have a good background of the German top-tier and can honestly say that Kagawa is a good player. Watched a number of his matches, and while he's no Ronaldo, he sure will provide United the needed cover and creativity at midfield.

Can't say which side is luckier.

Banned
    his wikipedia page says he's a united player. Is that true? hope it isl

IT'S BEEN CONFIRMED! foreverred. Read the rest of this page.

Shinji Kagawa can be a Manchester United star - Official Manchester United Website

Lol.

Great signing, good to get it sorted so early on.

Banned
    Yay! :d

Just realised the deal hasn't actually been finalised. Pretty funny how they've announced this without it being finalised and Season Ticket renewal deadline is this Friday... sad to see the club being so desperate.

Yeah bit weird. Seems like everything has been agreed but he won't be signing till the end of the month.

Think there's quite a few not renewing, read that some are leaving it to the last day to renew though.

Mats Hummels on Shinji Kagawa: “He’s simply a great footballer. His movement is insane. I wouldn’t like to play against him.”

Quote Originally Posted by JSNFRMN_MUFC View Post
    Just realised the deal hasn't actually been finalised. Pretty funny how they've announced this without it being finalised and Season Ticket renewal deadline is this Friday... sad to see the club being so desperate.
    Yeah, it does look like the club have announced the deal before renewal deadline. But I don't think it's been done because the club are desperate. The number of season ticket holders is likely to be the same as last season. If the club is struggling I don't blame them the PR/marketting department for announcing the transfer or Fergie's video message (suitable for the mobile market) - I'd say it was clever business sense. Times are tough, the club maybe trying to use an advantage.

Perhaps. Might have something to do with Pogba leaving, there will probably a few negative views that the club have "allowed" him to leave. People may not care as much knowing Kagawa has joined.

Once everything goes through, it will be the best signing we've made in a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by JSNFRMN_MUFC View Post
    Perhaps. Might have something to do with Pogba leaving, there will probably a few negative views that the club have "allowed" him to leave. People may not care as much knowing Kagawa has joined.
    I'd be surprised if people decided against renewing because of Pogba's situation. He's achieved very little and bigger names have left. You also have to question how many season ticket holders regularly watch reserve football to care.

First midfield signing since Anderson in 2007 and it's a much needed signing. Still need another midfield signing though that is ready to play. The next 2 summers are crucial for our future. Just like Carrick in 06, we have to get these signings right as these new signings could take us on to yet another successful period in our history. 6 years since Carrick joined, we've won 4 league titles and been in 3 Champions League finals, winning 1. We're not in a position where we can really get a big signing wrong. Had forgotten Carrick was our only signing in 06-07 season, for all we know it may be the same this season with more being spent next summer like in 07-08. I think that's unlikely though, unless they do plan to go ahead with the IPO.

Edit: I wasn't talking about season ticket renewals when talking about Pogba, I was talking about the Kagawa announcement.

I agree, a couple of big midfield signings would help us going forward no end. Important we get the right players in.

I agree with the comparisons from the mid 00s - when we had a young Rooney and Ronaldo - and of the opinion we'll have similar run of success with the current squad. Fergie plans two or three years in advance.

Anderson, Hargreaves and Berbatov have proven to be expensive signings that have fallen short of expectations, so Fergie will need to spend wisely.

I'm very excited about our future. I like the look of several of our younger players in the first, reserve and U18s teams.

Top player, like a Silva type. Think we'll need to re-jig our formation if I'm honest. A 4-2-3-1 with Carrick, Scholes laying deep, Kagawa behind Rooney with Young and Valencia on the flanks. I could see him fit into a 4-4-2 as I think his strengths are finding that intricate pass and with Hernandez as a off the shoulder striker, like 2010-11 rather than this season, we'll look dangerous.

The Asian hype will be good for the business side of the club. Small bonus package really

Kagawa has scored for Japan against Jordan, nice finish from outside the area. 4-0 up before half time.....

Banned
    He will be a star!

Think he already is.