[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Robin van Persie | Match Performance Thread

Been given number 20.

Blog by Nathan Thomas: Van: The Right Man

Fergie: "We managed to get the contract signed and lodged with the Premier League before 12 midday. It was a bit of a rush for us and it was a long day for Robin yesterday by the time he got to the hospital for examinations. That's all completed now and we're delighted to annnounce he's a United player. It's a great day for the club."

RvP: "I'm proud to be here looking forward to achieving big things with Manchester United. It makes me proud. As I said Arsenal are a big club but for me it's a big challenge to get to know players here. I had a good session this morning, I noticed every single player was really helpful. It's a friendly club like I'm used to so it's not a big difference. And of course the language is the same."

RvP: "I'm proud to be here looking forward to achieving big things with Manchester United. It makes me proud. As I said Arsenal are a big club but for me it's a big challenge to get to know players here. I had a good session this morning, I noticed every single player was really helpful. It's a friendly club like I'm used to so it's not a big difference. And of course the language is the same."

RvP: "Manchester United breathes football, every aspect. For me it was quite soon that I made my decision. It was based on a lot of things and all these things went for United. When you have to make hard decision I always listen to the little boy inside me and what does he want. That little boy was screaming for Manchester United."

RvP: "Of course I'd love to play with Wayne Rooney. I've said many times before he is a world-class player all-round. When I look at players I like to

"Manchester United breathes football" is a great quote. Can't remember seeing any interviews with him before but he came across very well.

Yeah, it was a good interview. It was nice of van Persie to thank everyone at Arsenal.

Hopefully he's as successful as our last striker to wear 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Hopefully he's as successful as our last striker to wear 20.
    and our last Dutch striker!

There's not many World Class players at their peak who have won little. van Persie will not only add quality but he's also hungry to win things, we have a lot of young players who are hungry for success like Cleverley, Jones, Welbeck, De Gea, Smalling; also our more experienced players will be determined after what happened last season but we've now added an experienced player who is also hungry for success and that makes him more dangerous in my opinion. It's a boost for the players and us fans.

Yeah good point. He's here to win titles and I'm confident that's what he'll do.

Just checked the team's Wikipedia page to see if the first squad line-up has already been updated. To see RVP there, then Kagawa, alongside Scholes, Rooney, Valencia, Vidic... It's not a perfect team but hell does that team look real strong. I can feel it, the 20th title... Hopefully, indeed.

That's not fully accurate since Rafael is now wearing number 2.

First Team - Official Manchester United Website

We've got RvP. Still can't believe it TBH.

Keep hearing the odd remark here and there that this is an act of desperation on Fergie's part spending that sort of money on a 29 year old but the way footballers condition themselves today I can see us getting at least 4 or 5 quality year out of Van Persie. He's not a player that relies on pace and generally they are the type of players that struggle most as they approach their mid thirties. Touch wood he has luck with injuries but I think we'll be getting his best years.

Another thing, listening to people on sky sports news there asking will Van Persie win United the title back. I might be being biased here but I honestly feel Van Persie or no Van Perise I would have had us as favourites for the title anyway. Kagawa is extremely under rated and will add an awful lot. Vidic and Cleverley will be like new signings and there's no way we can have the same number of injuries as last season. I feel Van Persie is being bought with Europe in mind. Whatever about the league, it's Europe that really drives Fergie and we've a group of players now that can genuinely count themselves as contenders in my opinion.

I think the injury thing is being overplayed, he's not had a serious injury in over 2 years and has been completely injury free for 18 months.

I agree with you, IrishManc. Kagawa is definitely underrated. He, in partnership with Lewandowski, provided lethal for my favorite German club, Bayern. He's a great player.

Er Borussia Dortmund rather.....

^ Yep. I knew that. But I was saying X lethal for Y means X was a poison to Y, as such, Kagawa + Lewandowski was a poison to Bayern. Sorry if I sounded a bit confusing.

Wow, some people don't have any sense of tact anymore. Does someone actually believe this rubbish?! RvP was Glazers' 'thank-you' present to Man Utd boss Ferguson | Transfers | tribalfootball.com

Unfortunately there are plenty that believe all sorts of rubbish.

Tribal Football is an awful website, don't know why you'd bother posting it.

^ Saw it from Twitter. That's actually the 2nd website who claimed that same statement about SAF. Here's the first one I saw, from the Daily Mail: Sir Alex Ferguson to quit Manchester United in two years | Mail Online

The TF link was just something I posted here out of convenience.

Great goal although I thought he was a bit quiet otherwise. Got in some good positions but wasn't found and was more involved when he dropped deep later on. Decent first performance for his first full game though.

What a goal. He's more disciplined in the lone striker role than Rooney, stays up top where as Rooney likes to run everywhere. There were a few times where I thought Kagawa or Young could play the ball through to him but they didn't. Just a case of everyone getting a better understanding of each other's game.

The benefit of a left footed striker.