[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rio Ferdinand | Match Performance Thread

I've moved the Beckham posts to another thread - David Beckham Back At United?

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I dread the thought of all them leaving at once. Hopefully Fergie is still manager to ease us through the transition.

Regardless of my Smalling v Ferdinand thread, Ferdinand is the best defender I've seen and he would be the first pick centre back in my all time United XI. He's up there with the best defenders of his generation.
    Yeah Ferdinand is the best defender I've seen, does everything very well and back when he was in his prime he could out run most centre forwards. Can't think of many defenders from his generation who are better, Nesta and Cannavaro maybe but he makes mincemeat of Terry in my opinion.

That said I think he's coming to the end of his career here. He can still do a job but we need to replace him at some point and it could well be this summer.

Classy stuff from Ferdinand. He was great.

Fergie: "I gave Rio a rest on Wednesday with tomorrow's game in mind. He'll play tomorrow. Smalling and Jones being back gives me the right problem I need."

I can't remember the last time we had depth in defence. Hope that continues.

Colossal. On his day he's still probably the best defender in the league.

Thought he looked off the pace for the first 10-20 minutes but excellent for the rest of the game.

Mentioned in the other thread, he had his senior moments today, mostly brilliant though. Experience and composure is an advantage for us. City lost that when Kompany went off.

Immense yesterday.

Top game. I would prefer him to miss next weekend's game against Everton and be saved for Madrid.

Top class today along with Jonny. It'll be interesting to see who plays v Madrid out of Rio, Jonny and Vida. Physically and aerially Vidic has looked good, think he's looked rusty otherwise. Need a bit of pace v Madrid. We'll have an idea of who will play when we see who starts v Everton. I'd have Vidic in for that game against Everton to stop Fellaini. Keep Rio for Madrid.

Rio Ferdinand to get 2m Manchester United testimonial - Telegraph

Deserved. The money will go to charity I guess.

Back in England squad for the games against San Marino and Montenegro.

Roy has seen sense finally. Chuffed for Rio, most players would have turned their back, shows how much it means to him in my opinion. Usually i'd roll out the United > England comment but not here. Happy for him.

Fergie not happy it seems. Rio won't play tomorrow.

Too right, he's 33 and has a back problem which needs management. If he loses that by joining up England, why sacrifice the rest of the season?

Is that the end of Rio's England career? The Daily Telegraph seem to think so. I can't say I blame him for pulling out after the way the England camp has treated him in the past. Not being selected for "footballing reasons" is a load of cods!! It's a shame because as an Englishman I want to see the best playing for England and Rio is the best at the moment, however as a United fan I want to see him playing for us as long as possible and if that means turning down England then so be it!