[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Jones | Match Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IrishManc. View Post
    Don't think it's fair on Jones or on Edwards to be comparing the two. Never seen Edwards but from what I hear he was the best player to ever play for the club so it's a ridiculous comparison. The British press are comprised of idiots though.... Tony Cascarino claiming Cristiano Ronaldo was a better player than George Best for example. I don't like when the media compare players from different era's.
    I couldn't agree more than what you've said, but as far as Ronaldo being better than Besty there is one comparison I would like too make and that is Besty could have played in this era and loved it... Ronaldo as good as he was for United, couldn't, wouldn't have been able to take the stick Georgey took week in week out and play every week. He'd have his hospital bed booked by 3.05... lol

Not convinced by Jones in midfield. His least impressive showing since joining United for my money. Liverpool is a tough baptism however.

Not impressed with him today. The midfield formation doesn't helped him either. Certainly he'll be a defender for us, but i'd like to see him playing another match in midfield, mainly with a better formation

Certainly worked hard and tried to make things happen but it wasnt working today surprised it was him as a box to box palyer and not playing dm instead of fletcher. Jones sitting deep with Ando and Cleveley would/could be epic.

He looked lost for my money - expected, he is a defender not a midfielder. He didn't know the positions of an experienced midfielder accustomed with the role. People have got carried with his forward runs for my money, thinking he can play in midfield. When he brings the ball out from defence his a free man but when selected in midfield he will have an opposition midfielder marking him.

Wasn't the best game to try him in that position, I think we'll see him there again as Vida is back now.

Good performance at RB today, prefer him to Smalling at RB.

I'd go along with that. Jones looks the more natural footballer with ball at feet.

Phil Jones feels United showed their worth at Everton - Official Manchester United Website

Phil Jones believes United showed what the club is all about with a gritty 1-0 triumph at Everton.

The defender produced a solid performance at right-back and played his part in a resolute rearguard action towards the end, helping to answer all the questions posed by David Moyes' team. After the derby drubbing last weekend, victory at Goodison for the first time since 2007 was the perfect tonic for the champions.

"Everyone showed today what Manchester United are about," stressed Jones to MUTV. "It was a bad day at the office last week but we've shown fantastic team spirit in training, got our heads up and picked ourselves up quickly.

"This is a massive win for us today and we're delighted in the changing room.

"It was tough and we expected it from Everton because of previous years of coming here. It was mad [at the end] and we had to defend it but we did that and, thankfully, got the three points.

"It's very nice as a defender [to get a clean sheet]. Defensively as a unit, I thought 11 players defended and not just four. 11 players defended terrifically well. They were throwing the kitchen sink at us today and I thought we stood strong as a unit and held together."

Jones was pleased to welcome Nemanja Vidic back into Barclays Premier League action as the Serbian powerhouse helped organise the defence.

"He's our captain and you don't want to go without your captain," added the ex-Blackburn defender. "He showed his determination and grit today and it wears off on everyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by JSNFRMN_MUFC View Post
    Good performance at RB today, prefer him to Smalling at RB.
    although he had a good game not great the only reason i would play him at r/b in front of Smalling is that Smalling is better at c/h

Don't vote for Ljajic

Was very good tonight one of the only good things actually

His showings are making it difficult for Fergie to leave him out of the team.

Very good at RB again. Funny how his only reluctance to join was that he didn't think he'd get enough games yet he's made the most appearances out of everyone this season.

yeah great read, Jones is no doubt a future England captain.

Awesome once again, handled Sinclair well and was unlucky not to score at the end.

Jones has broken his cheekbone from The Mirror. Fergie did say Jones is going for an x-ray today.

Yeah heard that straight after the game that it was a suspected broken cheekbone. Apparently its 6 weeks out if true. I'm sure that some players have played with broken cheekbones, wearing one of those mask things? Pretty sure Terry wore one a few years ago for a broken cheekbone and Ameobi did last season.

Jones isnt an ordinary human he'll be back in 2 days.

I'd suspect he'll miss the next game and probably the one after but can see him being back in the new year. Cleverley can't be far off a return either. The next 2 home games we have, we should be able to cope with just Carrick and Giggs... SHOULD.

Edit: Rumour- Phil Jones has had a scan on his cheek today and early indications are that its just bruising.