[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Jones | Match Performance Thread

Jones impressive again. The man is a cold-blooded brute.What a monster of a footballer.If I ever go to a war with someone,I'm taking Phil Jones with me.

Does Jones have a weakness? We've got him on the cheap!

So impressive at RB. Smalling and Jones showing why Fergie sold Brown and O'Shea really, they would have held these lads back. Excellent cross for Rooney's first. I'd love to see him play at DM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Does Jones have a weakness? We've got him on the cheap!
    Yes we have got him on a cheap.I've watched him ever since his debut v Chelsea in March 2010 and ive been mightily impressed with him.so it didnt bother me we had to pay 20.5m instead of 16m because that was also cheap considering he's just 19!

Another young superb at right back we have

Confident boy is our Jones. Liked the way he beckoned over Rooney after setting up the third goal.

If Jones continues performing like this, Sir Alex is going to have a dilemma on his hands once Vidic is fit again.

Expecting Fabio to play at LB on Wednesday. If he impresses there's competition all the way through that defence. Everyone is pushing each other, this can only be a good thing, no one's place is guaranteed, not even Vida's.

Now i say that Blackburn were robbed selling him for 20m. He's excellente playing at RB, LB, center half and in midfield.And I won't be suprised if he plays as a winger at some point in this season. I'm sure he can do it.

Didn't know Jones could play LB?

He will end up being a CB for sure, seems perfect for the position. all the necessary attributes!

A couple dodgy passes but apart from that he was a beast excellent run for Rooney's tap in. Never gave up.

Thought he was very good tonight. Made some fantastic runs. Could have done better against Crouch on a couple of crosses but I think most defenders would struggle against a lad 7 inches taller than you.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...n-Edwards.html

Is it really a fair comparison?? i haven't obviously seen Duncan Edwards play but wasn't he a DM??

Better against Norwich - better balance with attack and defence - quick learner. He made two goal scoring tackles.

Evans and he covered each others mistakes well, we were making the same mistakes as we did against Basel, everyone getting forward and leaving the Cb's with too much space to cover on a counter attack!

The only comparison you can make at this moment in time is that they both wore a united shirt......way too soon .

What really narks me about the comparison is that people my age are calling him the new Duncan Edwards having never seen Duncan Edwards play. I saw someone the other day actually say "He reminds me of Duncan Edwards", he was a few years older than me. People like Paddy Crerand, Sir Bobby and a few others have suggested it but I don't see how people who haver never seen Duncan Edwards (apart from some videos on youtube) play can suggest that. To me, he is just Phil Jones, i've never seen such an attacking centre back who is also excellent defensively, and so young too.

Don't think it's fair on Jones or on Edwards to be comparing the two. Never seen Edwards but from what I hear he was the best player to ever play for the club so it's a ridiculous comparison. The British press are comprised of idiots though.... Tony Cascarino claiming Cristiano Ronaldo was a better player than George Best for example. I don't like when the media compare players from different era's.

Jones was very good yesterday.

Again.

epic

Quote Originally Posted by JSNFRMN_MUFC View Post
    What really narks me about the comparison is that people my age are calling him the new Duncan Edwards having never seen Duncan Edwards play. I saw someone the other day actually say "He reminds me of Duncan Edwards", he was a few years older than me. People like Paddy Crerand, Sir Bobby and a few others have suggested it but I don't see how people who haver never seen Duncan Edwards (apart from some videos on youtube) play can suggest that. To me, he is just Phil Jones, i've never seen such an attacking centre back who is also excellent defensively, and so young too.
    Couldn't agree more. It is ridiculous to compare players from different era's etc. When Jones signed I seen a lot of people on twitter comparing him to Vidic then only recently it was Desailly and now it's Duncan Edwards. I never seen Edwards play as I am only 24 but I seen footage on MUTV and the internet in general and I also read a lot of articles and history books that detailed his career with Utd. I would never compare players from different era's.

Regarding the game yesterday, Jones played really well considering how open we were.

Jones was good yesterday, made a few mistakes and also a few game saving tackles! He and Evans together were excellent. covered the other player's mistakes well.

Sir Alex will have some tough choices to make once Vidic, Smalling, Rafael are back to full fitness too. neither Jones nor Evans deserve to be dropped.

For me he's been the stand out player for us this season.

All the youngsters have stood out so far this season. Jones, Evans, Smalling, Welbeck and Cleverley. Welbeck has been the real revelation for me, though he was injured for a few weeks, he's picked up where he left off, developing into a brilliant striker. did not expect him to do so well this season!