[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Jones | Match Performance Thread

Super Moderator On Loan

Moderator SEA Icon
    Nice to read this, could see the things Steve talks about when we played Blackburn. He was very good that day and had we not scored that day, it would have mostly been down to him. Really good performance. Looking forward to seeing more of him. Apparently he's getting GNev's #2. Big shoes to fill but considering he's being tipped to be England's captain one day, rather fitting.

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Good read

Reserve Team
    Great read.

Watched Phil last night and i'm not saying this because we've signed him but he was excellent. He gives me the impression of being a bit of an all-action type of player, bit similar to Bryan Robson's style when he was with us.

As i alluded to in the transfer section, we've been most certainly watching the lad for quite a while, delighted he's a United player in all honesty.

Trainee
    Promising future ahead! I think he should get the number 4 though. The number 2 is for Rafael I hope!

Moderator SEA Icon
    Yeah would make sense, I think he should get a number outside 11 to be honest seeing as he won't be playing, would be nice to see #4 in the starting lineup more often... new signing perhaps?

Reserve Team
    Hargo's old number.

Trainee
    6 would be fine too. That's if Wes leaves.

Reserve Team
    Quote Originally Posted by united_1878 View Post
    6 would be fine too. That's if Wes leaves.
    Yeah, going to be interesting to see what number Phil actually gets.

Reserve Team
    Paddy Crerand said on his show on MUTV tonight that Phil Jones reminded him of Duncan Edwards a bit.

Crikey, high praise there!

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    No pressure

Reserve Team
    I can see where Paddy is coming from but it's some comparision to make!

Academy Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Paddy Crerand said on his show on MUTV tonight that Phil Jones reminded him of Duncan Edwards a bit.

Crikey, high praise there!
    NOT A DOGS CHANCE!!! Sorry to Jonesey, but he should never be (as a person who saw the great man and was left in awe !) compared to THE MAN! It's like saying Nani is the next George Best. Jones is good and potentially his football talent is there for all to see, he is good possibly might become a really good United player, which I hope. I've been impressed with what i've seen, but a new Dunc, forget it!!!

Reserve Team
    Quote Originally Posted by worriedturkey View Post
    NOT A DOGS CHANCE!!! Sorry to Jonesey, but he should never be (as a person who saw the great man and was left in awe !) compared to THE MAN! It's like saying Nani is the next George Best. Jones is good and potentially his football talent is there for all to see, he is good possibly might become a really good United player, which I hope. I've been impressed with what i've seen, but a new Dunc, forget it!!!
    Paddy Crerand also said that he'd probably get slated for saying it.! Genuinely.

I think he was refering to aspects of Jones' play more-so than actually being like Duncan Edwards.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Jones didn't put a foot wrong today. He made one great tackle. He will battle for a first team place this season.

Stepped in and played well im not as worried about Rio and Vidic being out with him, Evans and Smalling

Reserve Team
    Jones playing at centre half over the next few games wouldn't worry me at all.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Future United captain.

Made some great challenges, didnt put a foot wrong.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Man of the match. Outstanding.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Thought he was great from what I saw. Made a galloping run forward, didn't look like he was going to be stopped. Great block in the box. Gutted I didn't see more of the game.

Trainee
    All credit to him today you'd never know he was nineteen, if he keeps this up Ferdinand will more than struggle for a place in the starting XI when he gets back

Moderator SEA Icon
    Is it true that Sir Bobby Charlton said that Jones reminds him of Duncan Edwards? Massive praise if true.

Was better than Evans today, still a lot to learn though.

Moderator SEA Icon

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast