[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Mutv

Mutv

Thread to discuss the channel and it's programmes. Did anyone see Paddy meets Anderson and Fortune last night? It was great. Wish it was in hd though.

The artist formly known as Geoff and Mike33
    I think MUTV has improved dramatically. I'm lucky enough that i can access it.

My favourite is the Paddy Crerand phone in show on a Monday night. It's on regularly on Mondays, sometimes it's not on if the first team or U21's are playing. Always interesting. Stewart Gardner hosts it, he's excellent.

Countdown to kick off is good on a Friday. And i like the Thursday night show with Helen Mc Connell and David May, Quinton Fortune is usually with them for a chat and fans phone in. Some great early United games etc on there.

By the way, there's a guy who phones in all the time, Phil in Prestwich, who is a right obnoxious git, everything is wrong with United. Here's a brilliant clip where Paddy Crerand lost the rag, justifiably so, as Phil was suggesting we weren't looking to sign certain players. I loved this guy getting put back in his place by Paddy.

Has Phil been back since ? Paddy Crerand is brilliant. His commentary is great to listen to also, always get a few laughs out of him.

You are a little misinformed. Phil and Paddy are mates. Phil used to babysit for Paddy when his kids were young.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishManc. View Post
    Has Phil been back since ? Paddy Crerand is brilliant. His commentary is great to listen to also, always get a few laughs out of him.
    Phil has been back yeah, can't stand the guy.

Paddy is a legend. Phil came on regularly talking nonsense most of the time and to Paddy's credit he kept his cool. When Phil started to suggest we were just not looking for midfielders, Paddy went mad and rightly so as above.

Paddy is a legend, love the guy.

U18's v Loughborough highlights are on now

Will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years. This could be the first step in the channel showing first team games. Won't happen in near future but could happen down the line.

Do you mean live first team games?

Banned
    I don't think they will show every first team games live, unless the price of MUTV went ridiculous, because it would just be like having a season ticket for 6 per month.

Quote Originally Posted by se7en View Post
    Do you mean live first team games?
    Yes.

Cordon, MUTV is shown in 57 countries at the moment, likely to increase. The amount of money they could generate by showing games on MUTV around the world is huge. It won't happen right now or in near future obviously due to the new deal that's recently been signed with Sky plus other deals with the Prem and others around the world. There's also the issue that 3pm kick offs can not be shown on TV at the moment.

There's obviously a reason they've bought out Sky. This is one of the possibilities.