[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Carrick | Match Performance Thread

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Did aswell as he could, no real problems he had to face

Moderator SEA Icon
    Carrickbauer! haha

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Decent 1st half swept up well made some good passes, rubbish 2nd half when the shit hit the fan he disappeared.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Masterclass from Carrick - some great passing and blocks. Man of the match showing.

Fringes of First Team
    Man of the match by far

Moderator SEA Icon
    Thought he was outstanding tonight bar the shot in the first half, passing masterclass, goal saving block and a few interceptions as usual. Dispelled the myth that he only passes sideways and backwards too.

Reserve Team
    With more freedom to get forward he seems a different player! finally making use of his great passing ability

Moderator SEA Icon
    People won't change their minds on him though. Unless he scores the winner in a big game, he is doomed to the "shit" pile. Unfortunately.

Only United player last night to run over 11km.

Moderator On the Bench
    I don't want to seem like I'm against Carrick but the other night apart he has been poor this season. If he starts stepping it up week in week out and in big games then fine but he hasn't been. I do like Carrick. He's a model pro and a great person to have at the club but I can only rate what I see and for me he needs to step it up a bit. Could be a confidence thing though.

Moderator SEA Icon
    It doesn't help that he was injured at the start of the season as he was at the start of last season too. Seems ready to go now and last night was his best game for a while, just a shame others around him weren't. It also seems his best games come in the Champions League too.

Fringes of First Team
    Carrick is still our most reliable midfielder.

Reserve Team
    But Carrick hasn't started even a single Premier League game this season, so we can't say he's been poor this season, he's yet to get a chance, and his last two CL games against Basel and Galati he was excellent imo. didn't watch the Benfica game, so can't comment on that.

The only PL game where he played for a significant amount time was against Bolton when he came on for Clev!

Moderator SEA Icon
    Carrick was a massive miss today.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Just back from Cardiff, what a bad day at the office, I think getting a player sent off was a bigger problem, we were doing well until then despite being 1-0 down.

Was Carrick injured? Noticed he wasn't on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Carrick was a massive miss today.
    He wouldnt have made a difference really

Two Week Trial
    Quote Originally Posted by se7en View Post
    He wouldnt have made a difference really
    Rubbish. Anderson and Fletcher are as porous as fucking fresh air.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Is Carrick injured? Where has disappeared to?

New Contract
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Is Carrick injured? Where has disappeared to?
    Good question hearing Smalling has broken toe

Moderator SEA Icon
    Smalling will be out for three weeks from today's papers.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Smalling out for a month with fractured toe. No news on Carrick but I did suspect it after he wasn't on the bench last weekend and didn't feature midweek. Achilles probably troubling him again.

Trainee
    Christ I went into this thread expecting at least a 50/50 in terms of how everyone rates him. Did not envisage the Carrick love in thatnive read over the past 4 pages.

I'm a huge admirer of Carrick, I think he's an exceptional footballer who does all the simple things right. Personally I believe we are missing him at the minute more than anyone has mentioned. When fully fit for me he'd be a first choice for the midfield, though I accept that at the minute that is not really much of a challenge. Even if SAF is to continue with Rooney in the middle of the park, Carrick would be the perfect sidekick for him.

Forgot to mention, his pass to Hernandez on Saturday was the best bit of play the entire match.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Yeah this is probably the only place you can go to where there is a majority support for Carrick. I like him a lot, don't want to make out he's a world class player because he's not but he is a very good player and a team player.

So far this season, it seems to me like Fergie is trying to free him up from the role he has been playing in recent seasons. Looking forward to a Carrick-Cleverley combination.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Xabi Alonso: "Carrick: he makes those around him better, regardless of the fact that he's not one who scores the most goals, or a great tackler."

It really is such a shame that Alonso played for Liverpool. I would have him at United. Just read an interview on the Guardian website with him and he just doesn't seem like a Liverpool player. Talks a lot of sense.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Best United player on the pitch. First Prem start of the season, his presence has perhaps been missed, especially in Cleverley's absence. I truly believe that if we can keep Cleverley fit in the 2nd half of the season, the 2 could make us a much better side.

Couldnt of asked anymore from him really MOTM along with Park.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast