[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loan Watch 2012/13: Davide Petrucci and Scott Wootton at Peterborough United

Moderator SEA Icon

Loan Watch 2012/13: Davide Petrucci and Scott Wootton at Peterborough United

Petrucci and Wootton join Peterborough on loan - Official Manchester United Website

The club have confirmed that both Davide Petrucci and Scott Wootton will join Peterborough United on loan.

Petrucci has gone for a month - until 9 February, while Wootton has joined until the end of the season.

Wootton, 21, has previously impressed for Darren Ferguson's men in defence and midfield after a loan spell with The Posh for the first part of last season.

This will be 21-year-old Petrucci's first spell out on loan since joining United in July 2008. The midfielder has been a key figure for the Under-21s in the last couple of seasons and has regularly captained the side.

Moderator SEA Icon
    http://theposh.com/

Peterborough United have secured the signing of Manchester United midfielder Davide Petrucci on a one-month loan deal.

The 21-year-old will remain at London Road until 9th February and boss Darren Ferguson is delighted with the arrival of the former Roma man.

'Davide is a very good footballer, is a good size and this is his first loan move, so that is why it is only for a month, but between the two of us, I am sure we can extend it to the end of the season if it works out for all parties.

'He can play anywhere in midfield, he can play off the front and he could play in a sitting role. He is a very talented boy and we will just find the right position for him. Lee Tomlin is obviously suspended, I have young Jaanai Gordon who has impressed, but I think Davide can play in that one off the front role.

'There have been rumours about Nick Powell, I have no idea where they have come from, it is not going to happen, he is injured anyway and I am not too sure my father will be letting him out on-loan anyway.

'We need bodies in, I spoke to my Dad about Davide for a couple of weeks and there was other clubs in for him so we are delighted to get him to the football club. My Dad was happy for him and Scott Wootton to join and they will go into the squad for Saturday,' Ferguson said.

Petrucci will wear the number 23 shirt.
    Peterborough United have strengthened their squad with the arrival of Manchester United defender Scott Wootton in a loan deal until the end of the season.

The 21-year-old has tasted Premier League and Champions League action this season, as well as featuring in the Capital One Cup and met his team-mates, some of whom he already knows from a previous loan spell at London Road, on Wednesday.

Wootton can operate at centre back or in midfield and boss Darren Ferguson was pleased to have him on board: 'Scott was very unfortunate last time he was here because Ryan Bennett and Gabriel Zakuani struck up such a good partnership, but this time, I am looking for him to be a regular starter.

'He has played in a three-man defensive line before and he is very comfortable in any of those positions. I am really pleased to get him, he has been a big part of the squad at United and they think very highly of him.

'We have got him until the end of the season. It is an area I wanted another body in because obviously Gabriel is away with the African Cup of Nations,' Ferguson said.

Wootton will wear the number 31 shirt at London Road.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Davide Petrucci and Scott Wootton start for Peterborough vs Forest. Hope they do well.

Super Sub
    Wooton has scored the equaliser.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Wootton has scored for Peterbourough.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Petrucci played the first half behind the striker, apparently moved to a deeper midfield role in the 2nd half. Picked up a yellow, struggled to get involved in 1st half. Can't say that's surprising given it was his 1st league game and it was away at a good side.

Posh are at home to Hull next weekend, not an easy game again but there will be a lot of United kids on the pitch. Shame it's not on TV.

Bye bye my Brazilian love... SEA Legend
    Massive step up from the reserves or elite league or whatever it is, too much quality not to shine eventually.

Moderator SEA Icon

Moderator SEA Icon
    Both starting vs Hull today.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Comments from Peterborough fans:

Wootton 7 The best of the defenders and looked comfortable.

Wootton looks much improved second time around.

Petrucci 5 Obviously still having to adapt, but had so much possession and didn't do enough with it. Almost every forward ball went to a Hull player.

Petrucci looked light weight but showed some glimpses second half of his quality.

Moderator SEA Icon
    He was playing as the deepest midfielder apparently, I think the main thing from our point of view is that he's playing and he's getting on the ball. His best position is behind the striker but it sounds like he hardly got the ball when he played there in the 1st half last week, he'll get on the ball more in a deeper role and that will be good for his development.

The problem for them both is the whole team is struggling, not sure Wootton will learn much, it's just more experience for him, I think he could have done with playing for a bigger Championship club. Petrucci is inexperienced and it's a lot to ask for him to influence things in a position that isn't his favoured or best.

Likes a transfer story On the Bench
    Good.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Davide Petrucci has extended his stay at Peterborough until the end of the season.

Should be good for him, it is going to be difficult for him, hopefully there'll be an improvement.

Moderator On the Bench
    Yeah it will be difficult but he's definitely got the talent to do very well there, perhaps the knowledge he has 5 months to prove himself now rather than initially being on a short term deal will see an improvement in performances.

They got Alex Pritchard in on loan from Spurs as well so they've done pretty well. He had an excellent game against our under 21's earlier in the season and is really highly rated.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Wootton injured so misses out v Burnley. Petrucci on the bench.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Wootton out for 6 weeks.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Disappointing news for Wootton. He's missing out on his opportunity to impress other managers.

Likes a transfer story On the Bench
    Petrucci scored on the 74th minute. Meant to be a good goal

Bye bye my Brazilian love... SEA Legend

Moderator SEA Icon
    What a strike. Good... Delighted to see him prove the Peterborough fans wrong today in what sounds like a fantastic performance all round from him. Hopefully he can build on this now.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Great goal. Excellent technique.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Petrucci's volley took a slight deflection off Keane's head! Haha.

Moderator SEA Icon
    No Petrucci tonight. Injured I think.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Petrucci starts v Bolton.