[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Jonny Evans | Match Performance Thread

Yeah there have been worse performers than Welbeck this season who haven't received the stick he has. Our fans always turn quickly on youth team graduates, they seem to expect them all to be Giggs and Scholes. Personally think he's done alright when he's played centrally he just isn't played there enough.

I would like to see us stick with Evans and Smalling for the time being. Evans is our top centre back and has been since the end of last season while barring experience I think Smalling is just as good as Ferdinand.

Worst Iv'e seen of him for a while all over the shop at times

Had a mare in the 1st half.

Was very poor in the first 35 minutes. Hopefully it doesn't damage his confidence and he's back to normal for the derby.

People bigging him up jinxed him this weekend. Very poor first 30 odd minutes. But why did whole back four and the keeper have a nightmare. He played a lot better second half. I don't know why he did not go with Evans and Smalling yesterday.

Personally think our defensive problems are tactical rather than personnel. I don't think Vidic coming back will change much.

Jonny Evans agrees new Manchester United contract - Official Manchester United Website

Sir Alex Ferguson said: “Jonny has risen through the ranks to become an integral part of the first team squad. He has developed into a top player for us and has scored a couple of important goals this season too. I am delighted he has signed a new contract.”

Jonny Evans said: “I’m delighted to sign my new contract. I am so proud to play for such a great club, and there’s no better feeling than playing football in this team and winning games.

“I have always felt that this is the right club for me. Even when I was 9 or 10 years old back home in Northern Ireland, clubs asked me to go on trial but I didn’t go because I knew that Manchester United was the place I wanted to play football. I have come through the Academy here and developed as a player with the help of all my team-mates, the manager and the coaching staff. I would love to play here throughout the rest of my career.”

Fergie: “We're very happy. It's keeping with our normal policy of players getting into their second last-year of their contract. We're delighted. He's had a fantastic career for us and is progressing all the time. He had one or two injury situations but hopefully they're behind him now.”

Very good news. Potentially a future captain. Improving in all aspects of the game with every week. Always been a brilliant defender but like Rafael, he has grown up, learnt from mistakes and added new things to his game, his passing is brilliant and he's got the confidence to bring the ball out of defence and get forward. Speaks brilliantly in post match interviews too, can tell he knows the game.

I thought Evans was excellent yesterday. Better than Vidic. Happy to bring the ball out of defence. Composed player.

Hopefully not too serious. I'm worried about Vidic, knee problems just keep coming back.

Yeah hopefully not out for too long. Think Vidic fell awkwardly on his knee didn't he? Always going to be painful when he's had surgery in the last couple of months.

Watching the replay of his knee when he landed wasn't a pretty sight. I feared the worst when I saw him on the floor holding his knee, was relieved to see him back up and walking.

Hopefully both Evans and Vidic are OK.

Yeah looked nasty. He played on for quite a while afterwards though so hopefully it's not too bad.

Hey guys. I put together a few thoughts on our unsung heroes this season on my Wordpress blog. RVP is rightly getting all the plaudits but I've included praise for some other top performers this year, who have previously, and still do, come in for quite a lot of criticism, including Carrick, Evans and Rafael. I actually think Carrick's been our best player so far this season. Here is the blog: An ode to the unsung heroes

Personally think Carrick has only really got going in last month or so. Think he struggled with the switching between CB and CM at the start. Been our best player alongside van Persie since December though and arguably has developed the best understanding with van Persie, who has really brought the best out in Carrick.

Jonny Evans interview - Official Manchester United Website

This is a great interview with Jonny.

Good game. Several interceptions and important headers. His distribution from the back adds an extra element when our midfield is tightly marked. Great to have him back. Hopefully he didn't pick up an injury near the end,

Got better as the game went I recall 2 sloppy passes in the first half.

Se7en's post from the match day thread:

Quote Originally Posted by se7en View Post
    Sunderland were willing to pay 12m for Evans, Quinn just said. Didn't know that.

Shows how highly we rated him that we turned them down.