[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonny Evans | Match Performance Thread

Reserve Team
    He did slip when he tried to close down Balotelli for the 1st goal, but i think we should have had a midfielder at the edge of the box to cover that kind of a shot form the opposition?

Moderator SEA Icon
    Apart from one moment (giving the ball away for Rodwell's shot) he was very good. Solid.

Moderator SEA Icon
    I thought it was brilliant the way he bounced back from last week, top performance next to the Serbian Warrior.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Two weeks out for Evans. Shame for him - overall his showings this season have been to an acceptable standard. Don't know if he'll ever become first choice but he's a very good backup. He's 24 in January so still has plenty of time.

Our injury situation is becoming a joke.

Super Sub
    Yeah totally agree with you. Currently 4th choice centre back when all are fit (I would put him ahead of Jones), not many clubs have a centre back of Evans quality as 4th choice. I doubt he'll ever be able to establish himself as first choice but he's still a very good player and a lot of the stick he gets is unfair.

Its not the first time our injury record has been terrible, I'm beginning to wonder whether there's an underlying problem at the club.

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Really good display got forward a few times too

Moderator SEA Icon
    Fantastic showing from Evans. He was written off too soon by many after one inconsistent season.

Hot Prospect
    Jonny Evans 8 clean sheets in 13 games this season - he was very good once again.

Moderator SEA Icon
    I loved the way he brought the ball out of defence yesterday and came forward, did it a number of times. He's improved a lot, since he got back to form.

Evans/Rio? Evans/Smalling? Smalling/Rio?

Super Sub
    On form this season I would rate Evans/Smalling as out best combination. Both have improved considerably this season, Evans has always been good on the ball its good he's got the confidence back to show his ability. Starting to look like the player that everyone hoped he would become when he first broke into the team.

Always nice to have a player of Rio's quality but he seems to have lost quite a bit of the pace and mobility that helped him become probably the worlds best centre back a few years. His experience is vital in big games but I think for the most part he should be 3rd choice.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    On form this season I would rate Evans/Smalling as out best combination. Both have improved considerably this season, Evans has always been good on the ball its good he's got the confidence back to show his ability. Starting to look like the player that everyone hoped he would become when he first broke into the team.

Always nice to have a player of Rio's quality but he seems to have lost quite a bit of the pace and mobility that helped him become probably the worlds best centre back a few years. His experience is vital in big games but I think for the most part he should be 3rd choice.
    Yep, my thoughts too.

New Contract
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

Yip spot on post, Rio best days are behind him and SAF hinted at that, still a reduced role to play. Evans gets alot of stick but if he becomes our regular CH I every confidence he will become a rock in that position for years to come, as for Smalling he will be World Class

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Another solid performance well done

Came forward with the ball really well helped out in attack when Stoke had everybody behind the ball.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Pretty much played as a midfielder. 96 passes out of 106!

Fantastic once again well done lad

Moderator SEA Icon
    Evans was indeed fantastic. Earlier in this thread I said Evans is a very good back up but he's proving to be more than that and is proving me wrong. If he continues this form until the end of the season he has a good shout to be player of the season.

Moderator On the Bench
    Probably at fault for the goal but apart from that he was solid.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Fantastic that he got deserved praise on Match of the Day. Even though Hansen then declared him as 5th choice behind Phil Jones which couldn't be more wrong. He's having a fantastic season and is still improving.

Hot Prospect
    Evans has been making this "he is shit" brigade look like idiots. He has been our most consistent defender all season and this was yet another fantastic display of the highest quality

Super Sub
    Yeah he was brilliant. Hansen showing himself to be a tool again, I would say he's first choice, only a fit Vidic would be ahead of him. He's been excellent pretty much all season and is really turning into a top class defender. If we could get him and Smalling playing together regularly then I think that will be our centre back partnership for the next 10 years if they carry on progressing like they are.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Thought Evans was excpetionally good tonight. He's brimming with confidence.

I read a stat earlier - United have won 83% of the 18 games Evans has appeared in this season and just 43% of the 7 he has missed.

Super Sub
    Yep he's been outstanding all season and was again tonight. His distribution is 2nd only to Rio's and he's starting to cut out the silly mistakes. He's deceptively fast as well.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Very good again. He's making a serious case to be first choice.

Moderator SEA Icon
    One of the best on the pitch, read the game brilliantly. Dealt with everything thrown at him.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast