[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Federico Macheda

He has been playing against poor opposition and crappy u21 games for ages he is hardly going to come on and set the game on fire.

I don't think that's a good reason, it doesn't stop the other under 21 players doing well when they're given a chance. Macheda just isn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by se7en View Post
    He has been playing against poor opposition and crappy u21 games for ages he is hardly going to come on and set the game on fire.
    And in those crappy U21 games against poor opposition he's been just a bit better than Bebe. Didn't deserve the chance to come on.

Hard 1 Macheda. Want him to succeed but living on 1 quality goal. Not progressing at utd time to leave me thinks.

Fergie has said he wants to send out Macheda out on loan very soon.

Either loan him out to a Championship side where he will get significant playing time or sell him in January. If we loan him out, review his performance and decide on letting him go or not then.

Yep. This loan spell should determine whether Macheda has an immediate future with the club.

Manchester United's Federico Macheda to snub Blackpool or Hull loans | Manchester United News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Manchester United striker Federico Macheda will not be joining Blackpool or Hull City in January and is instead likely to make a loan move to Spain or Germany.

"He could probably do better in La Liga where technique is worth more than physique."

Stunned when I read this.

Macheda's agent has said that talks are at an advanced stage with Stuttgart, said Siena & Bologna are interested too though. Also said he'll "join a club on loan with the option to be signed outright as his contract expires in June 2014”

Can't see him staying at United as opportunities are limited. He will have left by the summer.

Macheda is perfect example of how loan moves can go wrong.

Welbeck & Cleverley were in the same sort of age group they both had great loan moves to Preston/Sunderland & Leicester/Watford/Wigan that sped up there development.

Macheda has talent and he got a taste of the first team when other strikers were injured at the time he burst on to the scene he was tearing it up in the reserves teams. He then had 2 real stinkers of loan moves to teams struggling against relegation he is a striker who given service is useful if you don't create chances for him though he won't be in the game.

I also think he has a bit more of an ego than the English lads as he was hot property in Italy and Utd spent good money getting him to come to us we even moved his family to England as part of the deal. Now when he got that taste of the first team I think he thought he'd made it so he developed the attitude of the first team player when he was moved back to the reserves he still had the first team player attitude.

Macheda/Welbeck 3 years ago were of similar quality but you only have to look at the difference in there levels now to see how valuable good loan spells can be.

Probably his level to be honest. I would like to see a permanent deal for him somewhere just so that he can get his career on track and settle somewhere. Not sure if 'that' goal helped him out in the long run.

According to Kicker, Macheda trained with Stuttgart ahead of a loan move to the German club.

Another loan then. Last chance to impress?

Stuttgart apparently have the option to buy at the end of the season. The transfer fee is rumoured to be 4m.

Him and me both.

Macheda has been released according to the list submitted to the Premier League.

Good luck to him. Thanks for the 2 game winning goals in 2009.

Banned
    Where will he go? Back to Italy, Spain or stay in the prem.

He'll be lucky to stay in the Prem. I'd presume Italy.

Banned
    I meant england