[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Federico Macheda

Moderator SEA Icon
    Apparently there's no interest from Prem clubs. Might be good for him to play Championship football, just to play games week in week out at a higher level than Reserve football. Ideally we want him playing week in week out in the Prem but Championship football would be better for him than a handful of games in Italy again.

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Wasnt Cleverley about the same age as Kiko when he went to Watford? He hasnt turned out too bad. I would rather he go to a good Championship team than to a struggling Premiership team.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Exactly mate. He should have gone out last season to a Championship team.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Macheda really needs football now. I'll be shocked and disappointed if he doesn't go out on loan in January. He should have gone on loan in the summer which would have allowed him gain an understanding with new team mates, now it will be tougher.

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Thought he did alright yesterday, nothing more, you can see he's desperate to impress the more he puts pressure on himself the more likely he will have a bad game. He has expectations now unlike 2 years ago and people are impatient these days they want to see a great footballer by the age 20.

Super Sub
    Personally I don't rate Macheda all that much. He seems to be technically and physically good, but he always makes the wrong decisions. He just doesn't seem to have the "football brain" that is so often talked about. He'll pass when he should dribble, he'll dribble when he should pass. When he does dribble its head down and try to beat 11 men. I appreciate that he is only 20 but he's been on the fringes of the first team for a while and he doesn't seem to have improved. He tries hard, and he comes across as someone who really wants to make it at United so I kinda like him and hope he does well but I just can't see him making it at United unless he improves massively on his next loan spell.

At the beginning of last season he was ahead of Welbeck in the pecking order, both went out on loan (admittedly Welbeck for the full season) and Macheda struggled to impress whilst Welbeck flourished. Macheda's next loan spell will be him make or break his United career.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Thought he did well yesterday, very well considering he was playing out of position.

He didn't struggle to impress on loan, he didn't get a chance to impress. When he did play he did well but didn't get enough chances. He needs games.

Super Sub
    Sampdoria was perfect for Macheda to go out and do well. They had just got rid of their two main centre forwards Cassano (he'd been out of the team for most of the season due to a dispute with the clubs chairman) and Pazzini, and were doing decent in the league when he signed. He started 4 or 5 games early on when he was there and didn't impress, lost his place and couldn't get back in a team that was struggling massively to score goals.

Things happened that was out of his control but ultimately he was given a great opportunity and failed to make any impression.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Macheda did impress early on with Pazzini. When Pazzini left, Sampdoria played Maccarone mostly on his own upfront and he was awful, yet they continued with him. Then the manager got sacked and Macheda wasn't given any chances after that, had they given him chances, they may have stayed up.

Super Sub
    Good loan for him I think. QPR need a goalscorer and he needs regular football.

Quote Originally Posted by JSNFRMN_MUFC View Post
    Macheda did impress early on with Pazzini. When Pazzini left, Sampdoria played Maccarone mostly on his own upfront and he was awful, yet they continued with him. Then the manager got sacked and Macheda wasn't given any chances after that, had they given him chances, they may have stayed up.
    Didn't think he was that great when I saw him but I only caught 1 full game, watched the highlights of rest of their games on tinternet, but a few people who claimed to have watched them quite often told me he was poor. End of the day he can't be expected to walk into a new team and instantly perform I suppose.

Maccarone of Middlesbrough fame? Didn't really bother watching any highlights of Sampdoria when Macheda wasn't playing but if they had them up front they were always gonna struggle.

They had a team full of Maccarone's especially at the back. Only good player was Palombo, kiko had no chance playing with that shite he was quite good in his first few games.

Moderator SEA Icon
    QPR will hopefully be good for him.

Poli was the other player at Samp that I liked but he also fell out of favour if I remember right. They just don't fancy youngsters in Italy.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Vital loan spell for Macheda. Forwards are judged on their goals but I want to see an improvement in his development more than anything. Goals will be a bonus, Welbeck only scored 6 for Sunderland.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Quite right, Welbeck showed a lot of promise during his spell, man of the match performance against Chelsea. Kiko has got the finishing for me but he needs to improve his off the ball work and a few other things.

QPR would be a great move for him. He needs games and some luck, the next 6 months could decide if all he'll be remembered at Utd for his goals against Villa and Sunderland.

Does Not Like Nani Reserve Team
    Looks like he'll be announced as a QPR player on Monday.... Loan spell again....

On Loan
    For me not good enough either. Poor control, no great speed and does not particularly use his size well. Not convinced about his attitude either tho, to be fair watching Rio's vids and he seemed to fit in well with the rest of the players.

Manchester United Alex Ferguson has faith in Frederico Macheda, despite early return from QPR - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Sir Alex Ferguson still has faith in Manchester United striker Federico Macheda even though the youngster has had yet another loan deal cut short.

Macheda left for QPR in January optimistic he would prove he could cut it in the Premier League.

Unfortunately for the Italian, manager Neil Warnock was sacked within a matter of weeks and he never saw eye-to-eye with replacement Mark Hughes.

The 20-year-old had not made an appearance since coming on as a substitute at Aston Villa on February 1, although he did hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons when he was fined 15,000 by the Football Association for a posting a homophobic Tweet.

He also used the social networking site to express his displeasure at his treatment by Hughes and has now returned to United for an ankle operation that will end his season.

"He is so unlucky," Ferguson told MUTV.
    "I have complete belief in the boy. He could be an outstanding player. But he needs football.
    "We put him on loan to Sampdoria last January. He was there for two weeks, they sacked the coach and he doesn't get a game.
    "We put him on loan to QPR. Two weeks later they sack the coach and he doesn't get a game.
    "That has been really unfortunate.
    "He has been bothered with his ankle a little bit over the last few weeks, so we have done the right thing to get an operation and hopefully he will be ready for next season."

Super Sub

That would be a terrible move

Moderator SEA Icon
    The new Les Ferdinand. haha. At least this comparison isn't based on their appearances and nationality.

Don't think he'll fit in with the way we sound like we want to play, similar to Berba in that case. 6m sounds like a great deal.

Super Sub
    Yeah 6million would be a good fee for him considering how little he's done in the last 3 years.

New Contract
    Happy with him going. Not done a lot, lacking technically and better players ahead of him

Moderator SEA Icon
    Potentially better players behind him too arguably.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast