[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Federico Macheda

Federico Macheda

Federico Macheda thread.

Even less of a winger than Diouf is. Needs a loan playing central every week.

Macheda is not a winger or a wide midfielder. He definitely needs a loan, he is stagnating and his progress is being hampered.

He's out for 3 weeks.

He's gonna miss the Aldershot game now, guess we might see Will Keane get a chance now? or even John Cofie.

Macheda?

When is Macheda going to get his chance again in the first team? It's been over 2 years since his wonder goal debut against Villa and if anything his career seems to have gone backwards. Do we think he is good enough or are we going to get rid of him in the jan/summer?

Personally I don't think he's good enough I may be wrong, but SAF must know the reason hes not getting his chance. Also I thought against Leeds he was awful! If fergie thought he was good enough he would be getting his chance.

He's not been helped by a bad loan spell at Sampdoria last season and injuries this season. He was getting games before his loan last season but we were playing him as a lone striker and it didn't really help him either. Struggle to see where his chance is going to come this season. Hopefully he'll be fit to play against Palace in the League Cup.

Seems he's a week away from full fitness, i think Macheda needs a loan spell to a championship team for the rest of the season. Will help him a lot, he has the potential to be an excellent striker

Not good enough. Didn't help him by scoring such a brilliant and crucial goal (helped everyone else though). Saw him play for the reserves in the games leading up to that Villa goal, think he bagged a hat-trick against Newcastle, and his touch was well above the standard. Since then though, if anything, he's developed into more of a reserve player. Shame.

Seems he's been injured for awhile, been on twitter lately talking about returing to training, etc. But I agree, the loan to italy was a mistake, he needs a loan in england!

I thought that Everton might go for him in the summer, on loan, but nope. Would love for him to go on loan in the premiership, but that is not always the best example of a young, Italian, united reserve striker's ability. Ask Newcastle fans about Rossi.

To be fair to the club though it was Kiko's decision to want to go on loan to Italy and it was his decision this season to not want to go on loan.

Macheda is 20 - is it too soon to dismiss his chances?

How about waiting until he's had a run of games first until writing him off? bloody hell.

Macheda was wrong not seek a loan move for this season. He is not likely to see first team football to help his progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehead View Post
    Not good enough. Didn't help him by scoring such a brilliant and crucial goal (helped everyone else though). Saw him play for the reserves in the games leading up to that Villa goal, think he bagged a hat-trick against Newcastle, and his touch was well above the standard. Since then though, if anything, he's developed into more of a reserve player. Shame.
    Why don't you think he is good enough? What areas does he fall short in?

Maybe after the last loan it put him off going out again and wanted to see what happens in the first half of the season here before he moves again.

Macheda or his advisors must have known he wasn't going to play. If Berbatov is sold in January it may deter Macheda from looking for a loan then.

Sir Alex seems to be a fan so he will get chances for a while at least, not sure myself always looks to lack pace

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Why don't you think he is good enough? What areas does he fall short in?
    Effort and attitude.

Seems he felt as though he had made it after the two goals in two games. And I'm sorry, but it shouldn't matter where you want to g on loan.,if the club is sending you out on loan you should go where you are told, not where you want to go.

Perhaps I should have elaborated a little though, I don't feel he is good enough for United - not that he is not good enough to make it full stop.

Yeah his attitude doesn't seem great. He had the option to go on loan to a premier league side last January but instead went on a 6 month holiday to Italy - it wasn't a loan it was a holiday. If he had of gone on loan like Welbeck did last season and put in a bit of work then he would probably be fighting for a place this season but it's his own fault that he's not. Still time for him obviously but he hasn't made things easy for himself.

Hmmmm i dunno want to think of kiko. I didnt know who he was until he scored 'that' goal, and every time i've seen him i just feel as if he needs to go on loan. I personally don't think he's good enough. If he worked harder and really really gave his chances a real go he could go far

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehead View Post
    Effort and attitude.

Seems he felt as though he had made it after the two goals in two games. And I'm sorry, but it shouldn't matter where you want to g on loan.,if the club is sending you out on loan you should go where you are told, not where you want to go.

Perhaps I should have elaborated a little though, I don't feel he is good enough for United - not that he is not good enough to make it full stop.
    It's cool fella. I was interested in your opinion - I enjoy discussing football. Attitude is a valid point.

Fergie did say that he was the best finisher at the club. BOLD statement, but he's the genius.