[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: David de Gea | Match Performance Thread

Some very good saves in that montage. Very agile and makes himself big. If you're judging your opinion of him on a 1min 44 sec video though... don't. Watch him at this summer's U21 tournament. Spain v England is on June 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by JSNFRMN_MUFC View Post
    Some very good saves in that montage. Very agile and makes himself big. If you're judging your opinion of him on a 1min 44 sec video though... don't. Watch him at this summer's U21 tournament. Spain v England is on June 12th.
    I'm sure most United fans will be looking at him on the 12th. Thanks for reminding me Jason!

Don't forget that United's scouting team will most probably have been at most if not all the games in that particular clip, so aside from the 1min 44sec video he will have been on our radar for a lot of 90 minute games.

Looks a great shotstopper in the video and gets around the box really quickly. Biggest question is how he deals with crosses which is probably a big challenge in the EPL given how many crosses are sent into the box in England versus the game in Spain (not mentioning Delap's long throws). Also not apparent is his distribution ability.

Quote Originally Posted by metatron06 View Post
    Looks a great shotstopper in the video and gets around the box really quickly. Biggest question is how he deals with crosses which is probably a big challenge in the EPL given how many crosses are sent into the box in England versus the game in Spain (not mentioning Delap's long throws). Also not apparent is his distribution ability.
    Good point about crosses, but our scouting team would have most certainly assessed De Gea's ability to deal with him or at least learn to based on his talent.

Just been reading Manutd.com and they say that Fergie 'openly admits he wants to bring in De Gea.'

Yeah, think that was said last week before the GNev testimonial. I was pissed in London at the time but i'm sure I read something about it on my phone.

At least we've got definite proof of genuine interest from the club in De Gea.

He's the guy we're looking to replace Edwin with.

I think it's been known for ages that there has been genuine interest the deal is already done but there are agent issues.

Pity we have to wait till 30th of June to confirm his signing.

I think it's been known for ages that there has been genuine interest the deal is already done but there are agent issues.
    We'll always encounter that sadly.

He saved a penalty tonight in Spain's 3-0 win over Ukraine. Not the best Pen but it's a save nevertheless.

Looks a top prospect. Similar to V.D.S

Yeah, they look kinda similar too. David van de Gea!

Good save.

Awful pen.

Manchester United Target Drops Huge Hint of 18m Deal by Outlining Admiration for Old Trafford Legends

Atletico Madrid's David de Gea has all but confirmed his move to Manchester United by outlining his admiration for former Old Trafford goalkeepers.

"I liked Peter Schmeichel, when he was at Manchester United," he went on. "He’s the best I’ve ever seen."

"There is no perfect goalkeeper. Each one has flaws and virtues. Van der Sar was one of the best. But I also like Buffon, Casillas and Valdes."

Wonder when De Gea is arriving?

Graeme Hunter on Sky Sports News says he expects the De Gea to United transfer to be announced very soon.

Full article here: Spanish star: Spotlight on Manchester United-bound goalkeeper David de Gea | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

On the surface De Gea ticks the boxes when it comes to your archetypal modern day footballer. But it seems that the modest and media-shy Spaniard breaks the mould.

“He's very educated, there are no big scandals surrounding him, is very much a family guy and doesn't go in for the night life. He's a kind of Fernando Torres type.” a source in Spain declared.

It was a potted biog backed up by his former headmaster at the prestigious Castilla School in the area.

“David was a very, very good student,” Jose Luis Garcia told M.E.N. Sport.

“He came from a very good family background and always had a very positive attitude. He was with us from the age of four to 17.

“Academically he was very good, although not so much in English - he wasn't very good at that!

“But, of course, he was brilliant at all sports. He excelled at basketball and football. He had very big hands so it is no surprise to us he's a goalkeeper.

Graeme Hunter on Sky Sports News says he expects the De Gea to United transfer to be announced very soon.
    Jason thanks for the info.

This is David De Gea arriving today for his medical. It was posted on twitter.

Good job trying to hide him guys that white sheet nearly worked as good as Ashley Youngs red hoody

Still agent formalities to be sorted out apparently. It'll probably go through on July 1st (my birthday), always a good birthday with new players joining.

He looks like he's running to join us- De Gea!

lol.

Always nice when a new player finally undergoes his medical. Hopefully we don't make the same mistakes we did after the Great Dane left us, welcome along De Gea