[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: David de Gea | Match Performance Thread

Banned
    Do you think there is any truth to these rumours? Because the same is being said Spain.

I don't. Spanish media are probably using English media as a source.

Fergie knows he will be a top keeper. Not done anything wrong last few games. Buying DeGea would not have been taking lightly.

It'd be mad to get rid of him after 18 months, we bought him for nearly £20m. If Fergie wasn't keen on De Gea, he would have played Lindegaard at some point over the last couple of weeks. He's played the last 7 games now. I was quite surprised to see him start on Saturday.

Does Not Like Nani
    Take it the Xmas drinks were finished off last night... Can't believe anyone is seriously reading rumours about SAF dumping DDG...

Its not really something I understand. I am not convinced about him to be honest but we have him now and we have invested a lot of money in him. There are not too many quality goalkeepers springing to my mind at the moment so unless we can come up with a world class, no risk goalkeeper then sticking with De Gea is a no brainer really.

Does Not Like Nani
    Had a good game toda I think... Sadly everyone in the press will focus on his parry for the Liverpool goal

You can only parry it so far your first job is keeping the thing out of the net sometimes you get lucky with where the ball ends up sometimes you don't.

It was a great save to start with. The shot was hit with some power. Defensively could have dealt with the rebound better.

It was a good save, the goal was much more to do with Gerrard waltzing through our midfield and Rafa being on his heels.

Yeah when I was at the match I wondered if he could have palmed it away, but having seen it on here it was actually a decent save. Incidentally for all the possession Liverpool had in the 2nd half that was about the only save he had to make.

He did well to save it in my opinion. Poor by our 2 midfielders to give ball away in first place, complacent stuff as usual when we go 2-0 up. Put a dampener on their performances. Cost one of them the MotM award, they were fantastic for most of the game. Rafael the same, switched off.

Outstanding I thought. Do you think he could have done better for the equaliser?

I'll have to see it again. But first impression is yes, could have done better. It's harsh because we could have won because of him yet we've drawn possibly because of him. Not just his fault though, first time in whole game that our defence switched off.

It is harsh but that is a goalkeepers lot. He made several good saves during the game but at the end he cost us a couple of points with a very weak punch.

He kept us in the game to be honest, but he does seem to struggle with that kind of ball, he isn't strong enough to punch the ball away and tends to flap at it a bit. I felt at the time he should have tried to catch it and was furious with him for not doing so! I will have to see it again to see if my first reaction was correct. I'm gutted that after all that hard work we didn't get the three points.

I dont particularly have a problem with him punching the ball but he has to get more distance on them.

Guys the goal came from a Rafael pass that Valencia never bothered his arse to try and get. I'm sure De Gea was coming over the top of a couple of players. Spurs were by far the better team on the day. If it had not been for DeGea and some excellent defending we would have walked away with nothing. Let's keep this in context we still got a point and we are 5 points clear at the top of the table.

Good to see Bob Wilson come out in support of De Gea. Got the impression that when Schmeichel stuck up for him last week, people didn't take it seriously as he's connected to United. It's the same with Neville, when he comes out in support of a player that is often criticised, no one really listens, "it's biased" etc. When he criticises a United player though everyone takes it even more serious. So it's good to have someone who's not associated with the club supporting De Gea.

He made a mistake on Sunday, he's made mistakes before, he'll probably make more in future. No doubt about that. All this criticism is beyond harsh though. Some of the criticism is deserved but most of it is ridiculous. Criticism comes with being a goalkeeper, you will be questioned about nearly every goal you concede. You're on your own, outfield players have 9 others to carry some blame.

Another thing people seem to be overplaying is Vidic shouting or staring at De Gea after the goal. It happened with Schmeichel and van der Sar, it's not something that has only happened to De Gea or to United keepers. Keepers and defenders are always shouting at each other. There's a lot of goals or chances where you see De Gea really angry at his defenders. It works both ways. It's not just GK's and DF's either, happens all over the pitch.

De Gea will learn from mistakes, all young players do. I'd be worried if he wasn't making mistakes to be honest. It's tough, there'll be bad days but he'll come out the other side a better player.

Banned
    A lot of rumours saying we are considering g him go.
    Who would u sign if he left?
    Id like*Marc-André ter Stegen from*Borussia Mönchengladbach.
    I don't want him to go tho

Quote Originally Posted by Cordon726 View Post
    A lot of rumours saying we are considering g him go.
    Who would u sign if he left?
    Id like*Marc-André ter Stegen from*Borussia Mönchengladbach.
    I don't want him to go tho
    I'll be surprised and disappointed if there's any truth in today's rumours. I hope he stays for a large portion of his career.