[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Welbeck | Match Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scholesy18 View Post
    I think I'd start Welbeck even ahead of Rooney, who has been poor for quite some time bar those 4 games last month. He does well when Valencia and Welbeck are on form and his passing and decision making were again poor yesterday. Don't get me wrong. I'd still start him. but I'd start Welbeck ahead of him given a preference
    Rooney poor for some time? He has 18 goals in 22 appearances this season which is a fantastic stat considering he's played deeper.

Rooney was poor vs Newcastle, much better vs City, but was poor again yesterday. Still managed to pick up an assist.

Welbeck has been first choice for me for a while, can drop deep, can play up top, can drift wide, can hold up the ball, better all round player to Hernandez. He offers more, essential with a 2 man midfield and a struggling midfield. We have an excellent player on our hands in Welbeck and he's still got a lot to improve on. He'll always give his all as he's one of us, he's a United fan.

Don't want to put pressure on them but watch Welbeck improve even more when Cleverley is back, their link up play is incredible and they know each others games so much.

Fergie has said there is no problem with Welbeck's contract situation.

He's probably telling the truth. There's always little disagreements in contract negotiations, hence the negotiating, but he has 18 months left on it. It'll be sorted out in the summer. Press making mountains out of mole hills.

Another goal. He could have had three or four today.

Love this man. Favourite player. Gives his all and he's one of the fans really living the dream. The Fresh Prince of United!

Turning into a top quality centre forward, plays the lone forward role brilliantly. One of the only things he's lacking is a little bit more composure in front of goal.

One of my favourite players too, probably the first I've tracked through the youth team to make himself a first team regular. I love seeing him celebrate his goals as well, you can tell it means a lot to him to play for United.

His celebrations are why paper talk of him demanding 60k a week is in my opinion a load of nonsense... Danny would play for 60 a week.

Quote Originally Posted by JSNFRMN_MUFC View Post
    His celebrations are why paper talk of him demanding 60k a week is in my opinion a load of nonsense... Danny would play for 60 a week.
    Well said. It's a pity the likes of Morrison and Pogba don't show the same dedication, and learn from Sir Alex. After all there's only one way when you leave O.T.

I don't think Morrison is money influenced, there's other issues there that go way beyond football. Pogba probably is money influenced but that may be down mostly to his agent, Mino Raiola who is a CNUT!

The story of Welbeck and Cleverley makes Pogba's position all the more strange imo. Both players have had to wait a lot longer than Pogba to get close to the first team but they've been brought along in the proper manner and have flourished when they've played this season. Pogba's clearly poorly advised but you would have thought the kid was sensible enough to realise his best shot of making the jump to first team action is at United, certainly not the Milans or City.

Maybe the difference between players growing up and having a feel for the club? Fergie's quote about money finding you at a club like United is true. Pogba can achieve all he wants at United and he'll become a weathly man in the process.

Yeah that could well be the issue. I would still have thought it would be fairly clear to him that he's better off at United but he doesn't have the ties Welbeck and Cleverley have.

Tough on Welbeck today put in the effort though needed someone behind him to make things happen

Yep, tough gig for Welbeck. He did well enough but will improve in the role for sure. Think he became frustrated resulting in his weak efforts towards the end.

Personally think he's the only other player apart from Rooney who can play alone up front. He was isolated a lot, held up the ball well and worked hard but a number of times he had to come deep to get the ball, which is where I go back to what I said in the Park thread, Cleverley would have been a better link between midfield and Welbeck had he been fit.

Very good first half showing. His link up play, control and work rate were excellent.

Worked extremely hard and made life difficult for the opposition some great link up play.

Yeah some of his runs in the first half were excellent. His touch and close control is outstsanding. I've said it before and I'll say it again - the sky is the limit for Welbeck. The way he's come on in the last few months has been phenominal really.

Yeah really turning into a top player very quickly. His work rate and attitude is top notch and his link up play is already amongst the best in the league, only reservation I have is his finishing and him being too unselfish.

Very good, very influential.

Selfishness/predators instinct is my only criticism of Welbeck. There was an instance in the second half where he had an opportunity to shoot but dragged the ball back. If he had Chicharito's instinct he'd be some player but that would take away from other aspects of his game. I'm bring picky.

Still plenty of time for him to improve, that part of his game will come. Disappointing he came off when Cleverley was coming on, really looking forward to seeing them play together.

Ridiculous how some still doubt him.