[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Danny Welbeck | Match Performance Thread

Two Week Trial
    I thought he played well today, lively enough. Probably, just about, deserved the MOTM award. Hope to see him score some more though!

Hot Prospect
    If he'd had his scoring boots onhe could have capped a good display with a goal.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Did well. Typical performance from Welbeck for me. Worked hard, did most things well, but just missing an end product at times.

On Loan
    I thought he played ok. Worked hard and lead the line quite well. I am never confident he will score when he gets in the position though.

Super Sub
    He's not the greatest finisher but a couple of goals and he'll be fine, lacking in confidence and over thinking things when he gets close to the penalty box.

On Loan
    Time will tell. We tend to play better with him in the team but to be effective his finishing has got to improve.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Hell of a shift. He showed in the first half along with Kagawa and Cleverley that they have a place in our future. Great interplay. Lovely to watch.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Did well in first half. His first half showing sums his career to date. High work rate and good build up play outside the penalty area, but just missing the final product. If he keeps plugging away he will hopefully improve on that aspect. End product is the only real thing that's missing from him.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Some of his end product was good, some was bad. Inconsistent, decision making not there, composure not there. Very good for most of the game in defence and attack. Deserved his place in starting lineup.

On Loan
    He can be infuriating. Excellent on the ball and good work rate. But it doesnt seem to matter whether its his finishing or his final ball he seems to panic.

Hot Prospect
    Really need to see an end product to be honest. Great hold up play and battling but to be honest that's not enough.

On Loan
    I agree. I really like Danny and I actually think we are a better team when he plays but we have to see an end product.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Welbeck is lacking end product at the moment, but it's an aspect that can be improved on. His performances against Liverpool and Spurs should earn him a starting berth for Saturday. Hopefully he grabs a goal or an assist that sets him on a run and something clicks. He possesses the potential to be an immense player for us.

Moderator SEA Icon
    I really like Welbeck, so maybe a little bias but I think we should continue with him, maybe not on Saturday in the FA Cup as it's a chance to give players who've not played much a game (Nani, Young, Rooney, Anderson, Scholes, Hernandez, Giggs), but in the league vs Soton I think he should play, maybe as a striker, if not put him on the wing and give Valencia a break as he's clearly not up to it right now for whatever reason. The more Welbeck plays, the better he'll get I think. He got a lot of joy today down the wings, mostly against Walker, but lack of end product. He's not got a great left foot, I don't think that helped today, in terms of the final ball. Giggs and him are arguably doing better than any of the 3 wingers have done this season. Cleverley and Kagawa have also done better out wide than our main 3 wingers, as has Rafael to an extent. Apart from Giggs (maybe Kag too right now), I'd prefer all of those in their normal positions though.

Some good selection headaches appearing for Fergie now. Glad we've got options.

Hot Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Welbeck is lacking end product at the moment, but it's an aspect that can be improved on. His performances against Liverpool and Spurs should earn him a starting berth for Saturday. Hopefully he grabs a goal or an assist that sets him on a run and something clicks. He possesses the potential to be an immense player for us.
    But that starting position is stopping someone who is scoring goals getting a game. Hernandez.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Not really. We have plenty of games for both of them to have opportunities. Chicharito is less able to fulfil the same role that Welbeck did yesterday. They could both start on Saturday.

Super Sub
    Hernandez will score goals but he also spends large parts of games anonymous, not involved in anything. Welbecks pace, movement and work rate make him better suited to tougher games especially away from home. Calling for him to be dropped just because he hasn't scored in a while despite playing excellent for the last month or so is not helpful, at 22 only games will help him. Getting on their back over another good performance isn't how we should treat our talented youngsters.

Moderator On the Bench
    We look far more flexible when Welbeck is in the side. His work off the ball is excellent, he often finds himself in great positions he just, as has been said, needs to work on his end product, which by the way will only improve with games.

On Loan
    If we took Hernandez and Welbeck's strong points we would have a world class player. I am critical of Danny's end product but we are a better team with him in it. Obviously four into two doesn't go so its always tricky picking a front two. In terms of Welbeck and Hernandez though I would tend to want to start with Welbeck as Hernandez is more like to come off the bench and score.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by boothstownred View Post
    If we took Hernandez and Welbeck's strong points we would have a world class player. I am critical of Danny's end product but we are a better team with him in it. Obviously four into two doesn't go so its always tricky picking a front two. In terms of Welbeck and Hernandez though I would tend to want to start with Welbeck as Hernandez is more like to come off the bench and score.
    Agree with the bolded bit. Welbeck is the better start and Chicharito is the better impact sub.

Moderator SEA Icon
    It's not that Hernandez can't do it from the start, he can but when it doesn't go for him, we miss the option to bring him on. It's a shame you can't take players off and bring them back on. haha.

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by JSNFRMN_MUFC View Post
    It's not that Hernandez can't do it from the start, he can but when it doesn't go for him, we miss the option to bring him on. It's a shame you can't take players off and bring them back on. haha.
    The FA are actually trialling this in some amateur leagues this season.

Danny often seems to be the pass before the assist. I can't wait for him to start getting a few more goals because we will certainly have some player on our hands.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Good point there about "pass before assist". Involved in the build up to a lot of goals when he's on the field.

Moderator SEA Icon

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast